Panaracer Fire Fr Tyres?

Jonno

A lot of people would say they arent great, but personally, I think they are very good value.

At £20 RRP per tyre, it is cheaper, wider, and a little lighter than the more expensive Panaracer DH Pro 2.3.

However, I would reccomend something a little lighter for the front end, a Panaracer XC Pro 2.1 was what I used (and happen to be selling if you are interested, but Im not meaning to be biased). 550g or something like that, and pretty grippy too!

Ok but not the best but aslong you have some air in front  (Y)  it's reet.

ok cheers, how about pinch protection on the rear? if i buy them il buy a pair, but i wont bother if im gonna get flats all the time ont rear wheel...

cheers

Jonno

I have had a panaracer fire XC 2.1 folding version on the front for over year now! and it still has life and i have probally only ever got 1 or 2 punctures. i am running it with a Super Dooper skinny light tioga tube on a X517 rim.

i think it is an amazing tyre, expecially when it has properly worn in. i have also used the Fire DH 2.3 and that is also an amazing tyre. not as grippy as a IRC Kujo, but for a few grams more than the ElGato, its better for pinch flats and grip. Also when you combine this with the front Fire XC, you have tyres with matching colors, which is always good!

I would never recomend using an xc tyre on the back wheel though, they're not built for pinch flats and are NOT grippy! i gapped down some stairs from static on the back wheel, on an non slippery concrete surface, with a XC tyre on the back, and it wheelspan, and my bike landed sideways on the floor with the bars sticking up, and i landed my brest bone on the end of the handlebars, bruising me brest bone, 1 rib and cracking 2 ribs!!

Ry

(Y)

The fr's are quite poor for pinch protection, Get some maxxis high rollers or minions  (Y)

yeah had those before, but il admit im kinda wanting some matching tyres with red on them :"> and iv been informed the hot-s are poo for the rear, and i want a matching pair,

the freeride tyre is the 2.4 ? if so then ive got one on my bike , haha just cant remember the name of it :">

ive had no problem with pinch flats, grip is good too, i would just be echoing the above really. the red bits are nice too ! (Y)

Edited by megamomac

Hot s will still be alot better than fire xc though.

I cant agree with that. Hot s are the tyres that sent me over the bars and caused me to crack my ribs. iv had no problems with Panaracer tyres.. Also, not meaning to suck ass or anything, but neil tunniclife dont seem to have a problem with them and i have seen Ryan Leech using them too.

personally i wouldnt risk safety over saying a few grams!

Ry

;)

i had a fire fr on the rear and a fire xc folding on the front for several months. For dry street they are perfect, i think i got one pinch in 6 months of having the fire fr on the rear, thats with pressures that werent massively high. The grip for natural and wet street isnt the best, but is on par with most and definately better than hot-s.

Stop being a pimp and go for a matching pair of maxxis, youll find they grip like leeches and beat the spots off everything for pinch protection. I am still yet to get a rear puncture (bar a dirty great thorn) in the 6 months ive been running them.

ive been running the FR on the rear for about a year now and have ALWAYS had the XP Pro 2.1 on the front, i do love them 2.1 for a front tyre, they are light, pretty good looking, do well on the puncture protection and they are pretty cheap. excellent in my opinion i must say.

Now for the rear tyre, i also think they are pretty damn good, if you are running a wider rim on the back such as a koxx rim, echo etc. then you probably dont need to be worrying about punctures. I always used to run the D521 / EX721 by mavic and i would get punctures if the pressure was a little low.

With a wide rim however i dont seem to hardly ever get punctures, ok so your blatently gonna get yourself a puncture if you run 2psi and smack it again the edge of a big sharp wall constantly but then im sure you have a lot more common sense than that! (Y)

Tank_rider has a point about wetness, dont be gapping to stupid hand rails in the wet, now thats asking for punishment!

Overall great value for money, the tread lasts pretty damn long and they will grip fairly well, the rear tyre just has a bit of weight to it ;)

stu :lol:

i run a 2.3 DH on the back, and a 2.1 XC on front, and they have lasted me yonks, years infact on a trials bike, and a BSX bike. not had loads of punnies, i have been running lowish psi (20ish) in the back and had 3 recently, but i was hammering it. Runing on koxx rims. Fair enough they aint great for natural, but as far as street tyers got they are pretty good.

in the same boat....maxxis/pannies when the new paint for the bike happens ;)