Virus , Spyware E.tc

Alex.loves.boys

righty

my computer is badgered

its going really really slow

if a pop-up comes up and i click the x on the pop up every program im running shuts down its just seroiusly fooked.

i have scanned with ad-aware SE and i download spyweeper .

and none of them have worked its gettin worse by the mintite(SP??)

so is there a really god scanner and remvoer i can run/download i need help fast guys.

thanks

mini man

Go get WinTasks 5, you can torrent it.  Otherwise add me to MSN and I'll send you it,  it finds all the programs running, inc spyware and you can see where they are etc, end them and block them etc.

ive added you :(

and sidders i downloaded AVG but it says i need a licnese number

and another thing is most of the time when i try and scan the scans just cut off and end that how bad its got in one bleedin day

I use the Microsoft AntiSpyware software (Beta 1). Downloadable from msdn.com, but I don't know if you have to have an MSDN subscription. Might be worth a try though, as it's dead good.

I did use AVG (and it was excellent) but I'm about to try something different.

And if its that bad, reload windows

why do so many people think this is the best option? with this comes the need to re-configure an entire computer, reinstall everything down to the sound and graphics card to mention the amount of lost work

what i would try doing is going to start > run > tap in "msconfig" a box will appear, click the startup tab at the top, anything with unwanted names like "toolbar, bargain, search, find, save," etc. want to be unticked, this primarily stops them from loading up with windows thus fixing the problem with minimal fuss.

Check your add/remove programs for crap in there along with the program files folder for even further crap.

hope that could of helped, stu (Y)

why do so many people think this is the best option? with this comes the need to re-configure an entire computer, reinstall everything down to the sound and graphics card to mention the amount of lost work

what i would try doing is going to start > run > tap in "msconfig" a box will appear, click the startup tab at the top, anything with unwanted names like "toolbar, bargain, search, find, save," etc. want to be unticked, this primarily stops them from loading up with windows thus fixing the problem with minimal fuss.

Check your add/remove programs for crap in there along with the program files folder for even further crap.

hope that could of helped, stu (Y)

Because if the problems that bad, it usually is. As long as everything is backed up.

I usually format my computer every six months or so anyway, its just a habit I've I've got into. The amount of crap that inevitably builds up on a computer is just stupid, and formatting it will make it seem so much faster.

The majority of sound cards and graphics cards etc are supported by Windows XP anyway, so its not that much of a problem.

Because if the problems that bad, it usually is. As long as everything is backed up.

I usually format my computer every six months or so anyway, its just a habit I've I've got into. The amount of crap that inevitably builds up on a computer is just stupid, and formatting it will make it seem so much faster.

The majority of sound cards and graphics cards etc are supported by Windows XP anyway, so its not that much of a problem.

I done it on saturday, took me about an hour, plus downloading a few bits.

All i have to back up is my modem drivers.

I don't understand how people get shit like that. Maybe it's because they're stupid. I dunno. Anyway, if you make an unattended Windows CD, you can have it do everything for you. I.e. stick it in the drive and it formats the C: drive, installs itself, putting your name and serial number etc in for you, installs SP2, installs all drivers and installs any programs you like (AVG, Photoshop, MSN, etc). You don't even have to be in the room (Y)

http://unattended.msfn.org/