T-rex Weight

luke_jay

what do you mean by 'on the back end'?

do you mean does the rear section of the frame feel heavy? or do u mean on the backwheel

if u mean the rear section of the frame-then its pretty chunky yes, but also insanely stiff! dont forgot most of the back end weight is in your rear wheel and tyre....

if u mean on the backwheel, then no, it feels awesome! could be a bad choice of bar n stem.... or excessivly heavy front tyre....

what do you mean by 'on the back end'?

do you mean does the rear section of the frame feel heavy? or do u mean on the backwheel

if u mean the rear section of the frame-then its pretty chunky yes, but also insanely stiff! dont forgot most of the back end weight is in your rear wheel and tyre....

if u mean on the backwheel, then no, it feels awesome! could be a bad choice of bar n stem.... or excessivly heavy front tyre....

yeah i meant as in the rear end of the bicycle feels heavy in weight, have you got one? what back end set up do you have.?

The back of my Rex feels preety much the same as my Zoo! did... If you think about it the second you start riding with a heavier back end the second you start building more muscle to cope with it so after a while it really doesn't matter! I'm now running an onza ronnie on hope xc with (unfortunately) a panaracer fire fr 2.5...It's perfectly fine for me! If you ride anything like a koxx rim you may find it harder to set the brakes up (one of my brakes was touching the rim as far back as possible in the mounts...)

In short GO REX :( They're beasts :S

James (Y) sorry for rant!

The back of my Rex feels preety much the same as my Zoo! did... If you think about it the second you start riding with a heavier back end the second you start building more muscle to cope with it so after a while it really doesn't matter! I'm now running an onza ronnie on hope xc with (unfortunately) a panaracer fire fr 2.5...It's perfectly fine for me!  If you ride anything like a koxx rim you may find it harder to set the brakes up (one of my brakes was touching the rim as far back as possible in the mounts...)

In short GO REX :( They're beasts :S

James (Y) sorry for rant!

yeah i love the frame just the rear weight, maybe a new wheel?

What rear setup you got? Maybe running less tyre pressure? (I know it sounds silly but my bike can sometimes feel heavy if I go ride street with high pressure after a natural ride with lower tp) Maybe try that? I dont think it should make that much difference? Maybe just get stronger (Y)

James :S

Yeah the back end is a tad weighty. But it is a UCI bike, what were you expecting?

The costilliar frame its baced on is alot heavier, and then some.

Onza were working on a light weight one which Ben Slinger was testing and road @ the UCI comp @ islington last year.

I dont know how thats going though

The costilliar frame its baced on is alot heavier, and then some.

fraid not mate, the coust frame is WAY lighter than the rex, the coust frame ive got weighed in at 4.25lb with a headset in....

so theyre actually pretty lightweight!

who cares about weight anyway! its about how it rides!

fraid not mate, the coust frame is WAY lighter than the rex, the coust frame ive got weighed in at 4.25lb with a headset in....

so theyre actually pretty lightweight!

who cares about weight anyway! its about how it rides!

I agree who cares? however I road Gile's bike @ Islington during the comp last year. It was alot heavier. he'll admit it. He dont care, he's one of the best in the world anyhow, on his own bike