Loughborough Uni

MikeSmith

How did you guys get in to do Mech. Eng with those grades? My offer is ABB  :blink:

We are all old gits, back in our day A-levels were harder mumble mumble mumble.

To get on the masters i needed to get BBB, missed that so ended up on the bachelors but moved up after the first year as i got reasonable marks. I think the entry requirements for the bachelors was BCC.

Random fact of the day. Loughborough was the only uni out of the 6 i applied for that didn't have any places for mech eng in clearing, even notts (highest grades required) who wanted ABB had places and would have taken me with BBC, just shows how popluar loughborough is.

I think there is something about the atmosphere here that i managed to pick up on my visits, it seems nice and chilled out and not up its own arse like notts and southampton were.

Btw when i was in l'boro other nite, f**k me, some of the totti :o

Shit the bed, i wanna move there  :blink:

That sounds hopefull :'(

I think me and my mate might drive down and check it out on June 23rd... if we can get our act together that fast, lol :P

totti in loughborough mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Be sorted for lifts next year, can get 3 bikes in the back if someone wants to carry the passengers. Im looking in to getting a new one anyway.. so you never know.. people wagon or van.. hmmm

Oh and also to do with the grades i had to get 240 points or 230 dont remember which is pretty low to be fair but thats for bachelors, i think masters was a lot higher. But then again when you get here the A level grades you got dont matter at all, you need about 60% average in your exams here to move up to masters, 40% to stay on bachelors. First term i got 72% average so just shows if you study something you like you can do well.

Just a quick long term edit...

Im still on Beng.. doh!..

Edited by Spacemunkee

A course to do with sports? or just a random sport? Either way, this is the place to be for it

if i remember..total of 2 years a levels: A is 120.. b 100 and c is 80? d is 50? or i dont remember exactly

100 + 80 + 50 = 230.. i hope lol cos thats what i got.

Also some uni's ask for hugely high grades as a nicer way to say.. no we dont want you. I reckon anyway... stupid imperial...with their 2A's and a B... as if i was gonna ever get that

Edited by Spacemunkee