Echo Urbans

cant_ride

I noticed after a day on the rocks ( lots of hooking and fork flexing ) that my urbans have got some really severe stress marks just above where the blades are welded to the steerer.

Is this a normal thing... ie do everyones urbans have this or is it something to worry about?

I've never snapped a pair of forks and im not about to start now.

oli

hey hey well i cant say i have any stres marks in mine but i have found the smallest crack ever in them ive had them for 11 months now and to be onest they have done well the only thing i am pissed about is the fact i find cracks in my frame cranks and forks in 2 days >_<

Pauly

It may sound daft...but....are you sure its stress marks >_< and not something silly like the colour of them in the light/dark? scratched?

Because..as i look on my Python frame(same colour effect) it looks like stress makes on it but its just the colour effect near the welds.

It may sound daft...but....are you sure its stress marks >_<  and not something silly like the colour of them in the light/dark? scratched?

Because..as i look on my Python frame(same colour effect) it looks like stress makes on it but its just the colour effect near the welds.

Ye, may be brush marks from finishing ops.

Phil.

mine has them and they aren't stress marks (of course i cant prove this without a pic), but on mine its where the aluminium has been welded and caused the stringy/creased stress mark like looks due to the heat.

hmm ... yup theyre definitely stress marks they appeared after 1 day of riding brakeless on some curvy rocks ie. LOTS of flexing... the marks definitely weren't there before the start of the ride.

Whats the warranty like on these?

oli

I noticed these on my Urbans. I noticed some creaking and I was wondering what it was, so I took my headset apart and greased everything up and noticed these marks. Although I'm not convinced they are stress marks (at least in my case), especially as it's a really weird place for it to happen. I hope my forks aren't fooked - but something is creaking (Y)

I noticed these on my Urbans.  I noticed some creaking and I was wondering what it was, so I took my headset apart and greased everything up and noticed these marks.  Although I'm not convinced they are stress marks (at least in my case), especially as it's a really weird place for it to happen.  I hope my forks aren't fooked - but something is creaking :angry:

If something is creaking take off your headset and spray some wd40 like stuff, or some thin lube or something down at the bottom on the steerer into the crown.

Phil.