How Many Of You Have Popped Your Magura

Apollo13

I just want to know how many of you have actualy popped your magura in the past three weeks because me and my mate popped ours, i popped mine, then the day after he popped his, and i have seen quite a few other people saying they have popped theres, so im just curious.

Nick (Y)

By popped mean, where the all the fluid just comes out.

Edited by Apollo13

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT "daahnhillaaaa" - I STOLE HIS AVATAR

yer this happened to me and my mates, one guy was riding my friends bike just doing some back hops and it "popped" then same happened to me when i back wheeled something. Next day happened to my mate Ben. They were all on the cross over cables.

Ive been riding the prevouis day. Come to get on my bike and see a blue liquid dripping off my chain stays ''NOOOOOOOOOOOO'' again this was caused by the cross over section.

:D (Y) :D

P.S what do you mean when you say poped

This thread reminds me of something out of the new members chat.

I always used to have problems with my magura 'popping', it was always my crossover cable splitting, now I always make my crossover a little bit longer than usual and run a booster on my frame, to stop me catching my foot on it.

Tom.

If you don't run a booster, or you run a shit booster, and have a cross-over that's a little too short, when you brake and the stays flex out, you're effectively stretching the cross-over, thus shortening it's life span. Just something to bear in mind in case that's what's causing it (Y)

Water is no different to royal blood though, neither can be compressed. It wouldnt just split, you must either be pulling the lever too hard, causing it to burst at a weak point. Or just simply kicking it without noticing.

thing is why did magura pay money to develop the royal blood when water is no different? and if they used water the brake would be more affordable for people to buy. (Y)

Water boils at a lower temp, and therefore wouldnt be very good on an xc or downhill bike because of heat building up. Also, i bet they make a tidy packet out of people buying royal blood.

I cant think of a real reason why water is bad.

thing is why did magura pay money to develop the royal blood when water is no different?  and if they used water the brake would be more affordable for people to buy.  (Y)

If by "Magura developed the royal blood" you mean "Magura developed the sticker to put on the generic fluid bottle", then yes, they probably had a reason.

That reason was probably money.

Water isn't good for DH'ers and XC riders, who Magura also cater for. This is because - as previously mentioned - their brakes heat up more than ours do. Heat + water = no good.

Also, people in colder countries will buy Maguras. If they came with water in them, then it'd mean that they'd freeze. This wouldn't be a great selling point.

Water feels nicer. I use it. I haven't had problems. Simple as that really. Also, water isn't so burly that it'd tear through Magura hosings better than Magura blood or anything like that, so it's not down to that...

Mark

This is a common Magura problem, you are either:

Running your cross-over hose at a funny angle

Running hose that is too short

Hitting the hose with your ankle, slowly wearing it out until *kasloosh*

Which is probably what everyone else just said (Y)

Royal Blood and water arn't the same, for fairly obvious reasons. Even if it was a good idea for Magura to make brakes designed to run on water (which it isn't) they wouldn't do it, they could hardly ,make much money from selling 'Royal Water' could they.

If you dont want your brake to unexpectedly implode then do the following:

Get a monsterous booster

Get steel braided hoses

Get rid if the Magura

Check it regularly for wear

thing is why did magura pay money to develop the royal blood when water is no different? and if they used water the brake would be more affordable for people to buy

Water isn't good for DH'ers and XC riders, who Magura also cater for

jeez, a voice of reason! is it only people who have been into bikes in fields other than trials for more than 2 years that know magura brakes aren't trials specific? or know anything about hydraulic brakes? if water was the best thing to put in maguras, they wudn't have put oil in them, would they?! and y don't disc brakes on cars and motorbikes and mtb's all use water instead?

argh! almost as annoyin as those b*****d ringtones.......

sorry, i feel old and grumpy now

smithy