What Would You Class As Being A 'street Wheelbase?

Jonno

After having a long conversation (dont ask, boredome) with a mate i work with what would people consider to be the average 'street wheelbase' if there is such a thing, id class it to be real short, say up to 1055, anything over that id consider to be more natural orientated, what do you think?

Jonno

I would have to say that 1000 to 1040 wheel base is a street bike because anything over that is to long for me (N) . No but really anything over that and you should be riding rocks but afew of my mates have 1065 wheel base so really anything no matter how long or short is a street bike, it`s the rider not the bike

Gaz :angry:"

it`s the rider not the bike

Gaz :angry:"

no i dent mean it like that, i totally agree with you there i was juts wondering what most people considered to be more... commonly? if thats the right word, used for street riding,

1000 - 1100, my 1090 is fine for street :">

Joe its so "not fine" for street its not funny, you may ride around a skatepark all day on it fine but realistically its not a very streety bike. Ever since the Trials Kings era Planet X's have sorter been the street trials frame in my view that pashleys and leesons of course.

I'd say 1045-55 wb is cool, maybe shorter if needs be.

I'd say that any frame between 1000- 1040mm weelbase range would be perfect for street, depending on the riders height. Top that off with some nice riser bars 90mm stem etc and you'll have a very nice street bike

1000 - 1100, my 1090 is fine for street :">

Isn't that like the majority of the bikes out now (N)

anyway, It depends how you mean street... In my eyes theres two sorts of street. Theres all the BMX'y moves, and the other is on your trials bikes, in the street.

If you mean BMX'y sort, I'd say 990-1010 for a Mod, and about 1000 - 1040 for stock :angry:

Isn't that like the majority of the bikes out now (N)

anyway, It depends how you mean street... In my eyes theres two sorts of street. Theres all the BMX'y moves, and the other is on your trials bikes, in the street.

If you mean BMX'y sort, I'd say 990-1010 for a Mod, and about 1000 - 1040 for stock :angry:

Exactly, for bmxey street you would want a wheelbase of about 1000 to 1020 maximum, but for street trials you would want a wheelbase of about 1040 to 1090 upwards, depending on your height, style of riding and preferences etc.

I ride a 1065 levelboss with zoo bar and stem (nice shape for street) and i can manual forever on it and easily do spins etc...

the bike has little or no input in if its a street bike or uci long boat bike!

its down to the rider! saying things like the bikes under 1040, so there for its a street bike is crap!

take jack barns.. any one saw the vid when he had the koxx levelboss? still pulling of the streety moves!

you go to a comp and a fair few are riding revells or montys, you talk to them and find they only ever do natraul!

its all down to the bike the suits you and you can still do street on any bike!

imo

although with some exections! eg vinco's etc and the new higher bb range of bikes!

i dont think you will see people pulling 360's on those!

Id say around a 1030WB for street riding.

But theres always an exception.... Monty X-Lite, Onza T-lite, Ashton Justice(older un)...they all have shortish wheel bases but most of the riders who use them use them on natural and rocks. :angry:

Well i ride a 1020 leeson, its great for me, weather i'm riding street or natural, it just feels right. But, Harsh rider got on it the other day (rides a 1010 leeson with a different set-up to me) and he hated it, he just couldnt get it to do what he wanted it to do.

If you ask me, its the set-up, not the frame/ forks...

I have a 1020 proper street bike (non trials) and a 1100 levelboss. Ive tried the levelboss in a skatepark and it feels really out of place, probably because it is rear heavy and feels unbalanced. Even though im 6'5" a 1020 street bike is great, bunnyhops real good :angry: