Freeridetrials - Possible Competition 2

freeridetrials_club

At the last meeting, we considered and I must stress that greatly, a natural competition on the 6th August. The terrain is rocks at Penrhyn Bay/Rhos-on-Sea sea front (sea defences, quite fun really :huh:). Now as this is my first competition I have no idea about everything so i'll be enquiring local riders about that, but out of interest who would be interested? This is open to EVERYONE!!! not just locals. Infact the more people we get from across the UK, increase the likelihood of these events happening again.

Again this is not an advertisment for the event, just....a survey if you like (Y)

If you cant make it please say the reason

Sounds good. Have you ever been to a comp? It could give you some idea etc of what there like if you just went a watched one maybe. I would make the effort to go to this comp aslong as the venue is decent enough.

Have you got any pictures of the place?

Stan.

Give me a few minutes, and for those who've not yet had the pleasure, ill go picturify the place and show you what its like :)

EDIT actually ill do it tommorrow (Y)

EDIT 2: ok ok just give me a few days. I know its not far for me to go (outside my house) but still... (Y)

Edited by PaRtZ

Ok well once again I would have liked to have been contacted and again I havent been, so I would like to say that I will no longer be partcipating in any events and will no longer have anything to do with freeridetrials.

cheers

Craig

You weren't contacted because you weren't at the meeting. Im not saying thats your fault, but the only people who knew this was discussed was myself, Tom, Josh and Rob. Bob didn't know, Will didn't know, Ducko didn't know etc. etc. Even still this may not be going ahead as it would be based on turnout. i.e. if its only Will that turns up theres no point running it. There's no point in advertising such competitions if its only going to be cancelled and let everyone else down. That is why this thread only suggests a competition may be taking place, not "is in the process of planning"

Not having a go at you mate, I know you are willing to participate and i don't blame you for being a bit miffed. But there are other people in the same position as you who were kept in the dark but are still willing to help because they know others benefit from this

You weren't contacted because you weren't at the meeting. Im not saying thats your fault, but the only people who knew this was discussed was myself, Tom, Josh and Rob. Bob didn't know, Will didn't know, Ducko didn't know etc. etc. Even still this may not be going ahead as it would be based on turnout. i.e. if its only Will that turns up theres no point running it. There's no point in advertising such competitions if its only going to be cancelled and let everyone else down. That is why this thread only suggests a competition may be taking place, not "is in the process of planning"

Not having a go at you mate, I know you are willing to participate and i don't blame you for being a bit miffed. But there are other people in the same position as you who were kept in the dark but are still willing to help because they know others benefit from this

Yeah I understand that point but this is repeatedly all it takes is a txt or a email e.t.c not that hard but at the moment it seems like if your not in the regions of llandudno you cannot be fully envolved.

As I say I'm not partaking anymore due to lack of communication , I dont care about the event I care about being contacted so I can then arrange ways, means of offering my help e.t.c

Craig

You found out about it now didn't you?

Lets see these pictures Tom, what happened to the other places you had in mind?

Phil.

How does now help my arrangements :) Still know communication ?

craig, i only found out about it because i regualrly check for updates on this very site, it isnt very hard to check every 2 days or so is it?

just as easy as checking your e-mails!!

anyways, got those pics yet matt? :bunny:

Ok sorry but my life doesnt revolve around checking this forum as to where the next event is, especially if its an event that is meant to be using my help/advice e.t.c

I only come online usually to transfer media files , designs to four media and I dont often have time to check the forum, only of late that I have been able to.

Whats so bad in someone texting , emailing , IM (msn).?:P

Will there has been many times I have asked you or others in conversation and got nothing so pointing out

'i regualrly check for updates on this very site, it isnt very hard to check every 2 days or so is it?'

Doesnt really help the matter.

I want to help with all of this , but I have a very busy lifestyle and I need some commitment from you guys to inform me of whats going on so then inturn I can arrange for myself to be free. If you don't inform me or ask me last minute its always going to be 'No' .

Sorry to rant but this matter needs to be sorted.

Also yes I could check this more often I do apologise

Thanks to all

Craig

sorry, but if you havent got time to check the forum every 2 days, then you havent got enough time to help with the event.

seems that your being selfish?

i admit, im probarbly not as busy as you are but should we really take time to check the forum/talk to tom or matt etc... then come to you and relay all of this info!?!?

forums are here for a reason!

Will

Okie dokie I got some pictures:

gallery_6800_896_99363.jpg

An easy patch of rocks

gallery_6800_896_76011.jpg

An intermediate patch of rocks

gallery_6800_896_23598.jpg

A difficult patch of rocks

gallery_6800_896_55532.jpg

An example of a route I'll be doing :)

gallery_6800_896_94087.jpg

An example of a route you'll be doing :P

There you go =8¬)

sorry, but if you havent got time to check the forum every 2 days, then you havent got enough time to help with the event.

seems that your being selfish?

i admit, im probarbly not as busy as you are but should we really take time to check the forum/talk to tom or matt etc... then come to you and relay all of this info!?!?

forums are here for a reason!

Will

No your right I dont have the time and I have made the time to come help you !!!

Being selfish by asking a simple thing. Yes your not as busy as me and I have come on now to check the forum and your saying im selfish :P .

You either want my help or not?

Craig

P.S Im liking the routes Matt , :)

Edited by freeride-wales

OK the bottom line of the club is to give everyone a chance to ride trials. Now obviously the locals are more likely to turn up than the lads from liverpool, but it still means they can ride, so long as they get here:

THE CLUB IS FOR ALL

At the moment Im on practice exam paper 2 of 3 and im on the forum (OK i was bored and needed a distraction). Craig its understandable you're busy. Bob's busy as well etc. etc. The forum is only used to announce things to everyone when they've been confirmed. This thread was just to see who would be interested. We do need your help Craig, like we need everyone's help but not just yet :)

Im going to try and phone the harbour master now and tommorrow to see if we can actually do this thing or not so until i do that theres not much anyone can do exact relax and keep this day clear of anything

thank you :)