Freeridetrials - Possible Competition 2

freeridetrials_club

hey all i'm back and its cool to see stuff happening without my input :blink:

few comments i have:

1 - the pics that matts taken of the rocks do not show the true pottential, there are some much much harder routes there and i wouldn't like you to judge the quality of the riding on those pics, maybe we should get some more pics and also continue with the idea of mixing the natural on the rocks with some man made stuff to give the comp a nice mix...

2 - craig - i have spoken to you a number of times on this front, you want to be involved thn give me your email and mobile numbers but what you have to realise is there are about 20 people locally who 'might' be interested in turning up to meetings and i am not going spend the evening getting in touch with them all one at a time, i have better things to do. your right communication isn't great within the club, maybe you'd like to sort out a telephone tree or set up the email database so that communication is improved

3 - to clarify this is the comp i was planning for the weekend before (july) but been moved to make it clash with even less and give us all an extra week to make it an extra specil comp :'(

4 - matt - good on you lad i'm well impressed with your work on this, maybe we should just set in in stone and organise it though, worry about who will/won't turn up on the day, we'll have fun regardless...

maybe we should just set in in stone

I'd like to but Im not going to say "It's on" until I have the go ahead from the harbour master. As soon as that happens then I will light the forum up like a christmas tree :'(

Phil: Trust me mate, theres some really tricky stuff here. Routes can go on for ages, or can be cut short (as they will be in the lower classes)

Besides if there isn't, surely riding green, slippery, slimy rocks is tricky? :o Ill go have another look now for some really hard stuff :blink:

EDIT: Ok heres the link to the gallery

Gallery - More rocks

Edited by PaRtZ

Phil: Trust me mate, theres some really tricky stuff here.

there is also the possibility of putting some nice sized gaps and drops in off the prom and although i've never seen an elite route in the flesh i've riden with phil alot and i think we could find routes that he'd have trouble cleaning :blink: i would be more than happy to design the elite route so long as you dont hold me responsible for the mentality of it :'(

wrong way round i'm affraid, either you want to help and make trials in north wales a bigger and better thing or you don't. events will happen with or without you, its whether you want to be involved or not  :-

if we have a comp is this definitely going to be the location ? :lol:

if we have a comp is this definitely going to be the location ? :-

not definately but more than likely, so long as we can get the go ahead from the harbour master.

alex - how the hell did you become a member :P you must have titied up your act, well done :lol:

oh yeah and you can use the add reply button at the bottom of the page then you don't have to quote every previous thread (Y)

there is also the possibility of putting some nice sized gaps and drops in off the prom and although i've never seen an elite route in the flesh i've riden with phil alot and i think we could find routes that he'd have trouble cleaning  :-  i would be more than happy to design the elite route so long as you dont hold me responsible for the mentality of it  :lol:

I know what you mean, sure you can easilly make some very hard sections out of that, for all catagories, but it doesn't give a very exciting trial, they are just sea defence rocks, if you see what other competition venues are like you will understand why these sea defence rocks will not be such a great thing, the venue has to be really good to get a lot of people to go, if they are just these rocks think the turnout will be poor.

There is a quarry in flint, it gets worked on in certain parts, but maybe it's worth a try to se if it's possible to ride there, it's always changing.

There must be rocky locations everywhere around betws-y-coed or more inland than that, just have to find them, maybe farmers land, have you tried getting that pass from snowdonia nationl park to use there land?

My thoughts anyway.

Phil.

No, he texted Matt so much that when I was away from my computer when Matt was here, Matt validated him.

i havent texted matt once :- i havent even got credit on my phone he asked me if if i was validated on trials-forum i said no he said ok ill get onza boy mark to validate you im not sure were you got the texting bit from :lol:

Edited by alex!beastytrials

hard sections you want?

leave that to me boys ill make em some section haha wont be hard enough bah humbug (Y)

no seriously i will be able to make some mega elite expert sections on these rocks that even the likes of phil will find hard :-

well done on gettin validated you illiterate monkey :lol:

all i can say is that you two are well lazy  (Y)"

erm-humm coming from a fat person like you will i would hope you reconsider that comment,

as you well know i have to take in a massive daily amount of food and candy to sustaion my fat levels as you well know i have to eat all hours of the day...

so in theory if i pull my fat arse from of the chair on which i sit i am burning of calories AND wastin valuble eating time therefore i have to incrase the eatting load and eat faster this is not possible as my current limit is only just capable by a fat person like myself.

so will, unless you plan on loosing weight (you fat b*****d) and start taking my notices from me to my brother i sudjest you do not distuirb my eating habits and let me consumer the fat i need to or i will be thin and this cannot happen due to ethnic conditions.

thank you nob bandit :-

your fattly

craig :lol:

Edited by craigdavies

erm-humm coming from a fat person like you will i would hope you reconsider that comment,

as you well know i have to take in a massive daily amount of food and candy to sustaion my fat levels as you well know i have to eat all hours of the day...

so in theory if i pull my fat arse from of the chair on which i sit i am burning of calories AND wastin valuble eating time therefore i have to incrase the eatting load and eat faster this is not possible as my current limit is only just capable by a fat person like myself.

so will, unless you plan on loosing weight (you fat b*****d) and start taking my notices from me to my brother i sudjest you do not distuirb my eating habits and let me consumer the fat i need to or i will be thin and this cannot happen due to ethnic conditions.

thank you nob bandit :-

your fattly

craig  :lol:

wow, slow down there partener! i mean fatty :P

yeah, this comp sounds good (Y) do we have a confirmed date yet?

ta

phil i knwow where your coming from and i've watched as many videos of other comps as i could but to run a comp miles away from where we all live is going to be costly, once we've run one and know how things work then we can start to be a bit more adventurous but this venue is good, it'll be a great trial because it'll have a great atmosphere and some fun sections, i'm sure it won't be up to the same standard as the tykes etc but this is our first one and it's sure to be very different from other comps :shifty:

we'll look into the pass for next summer etc :shifty:

but to run a comp miles away from where we all live is going to be costly

Plus I can now go home for dinner :shifty:

First of all this has a high possibility of not happening. The harbour master is well withing his rights to say no to us. Yes Ill be annoyed, but its still very possible

So no ideas yet :shifty: Don't want to do work for no reason now, do we?

when is this biatch of a harbour master going to let us know if we can ride there or not?

try and find out asap so i can go down and start planning out some ace sections :shifty: thanks.

p.s anyone who is making section i will be overlooking to check they are not to low or to higher level for the class

cheers

when is this biatch of a harbour master going to let us know if we can ride there or not?

I only posted friday! :shifty: and i guess we'll all be doing some, using local riders as 'standards' (ill be doing beginner sections :shifty: )

Dunno. We can plan pretty quick anyway so we might as well just wait