Donnie Darko

Dr. Nick Riviera

ok so i watched t for the first time last night , i should have watched it sooner i was avoiding it as i thought it was scary ( yeah im a wuss ) but i decided to whack it in the dvd player .

so after the first time i just thought yeah he goes back in time to save everyone else ,, but it appears it goes much deeper than that , so i wwatched it again and got the jist that frank is showing donny what happens if he lives by taking him to the tangent universe , hence all the grandama death stuff and then after he has shown him as he is in another universe he gets the choice to live or die and thus control fate

just wondered what everyone else thought , the website doesnt let much on really

I've watched it about 15 times and still don't really get what's going on! Like you said, I tried the website too and that's more confusing than the damn film!

On a similar note, have you seen The Butterfly Effect? I saw that recently and it seems similar to Donnie Darko and, if anything, darker. It's well worth checking out if you liked Donnie. Very well acted too.

Dave

Yeah each time Donny wakes up its the same Donny in a different universe kinda thing. So when he wakes up after the thing dropped on him he is acctually dead in that dimension kind of thing and so he just carrys on his life not knowing it... So when he finds out whats going on he finds a way to control it and saves the girl by killing himself in effect.

I want to see the butterfly effect, doesn't he end up with no arms/legs?

James :)

the butterfly effect is an amazing film, seriously screwed up! BUT BE WARNED!! WATCH THE WHOLE FILM WITHOUT BLINKING, ELSE YOU WILL MISS SOMETING!

Excellent film, but the writer of it must have some issues to have fort up some of the things in it!

Ry