My Brake Booster

Punkrider

I just saw the perspex, and thought, i have nothing better to do (well except revision (Y) )

So i tried different designs on my bike, 3 hours later, you have a booster :huh:

Do you think it would weaken it a lot if i was to drill it?

Adam

I just saw the perspex, and thought, i have nothing better to do (well except revision :P )

So i tried different designs on my bike, 3 hours later, you have a booster :huh:

Adam

I don't think it will weeken it at all ! I think that looks well cool (Y)

Put it on the back or make one for the back. Then it will be well good. DRILL IT !

good work :blink:

i think u should put it on the bk with a magi an tell us what eh flew is like  :huh:"

You tool. This is what it would be like on a rear magura.

Any other material, no, but as your using perspex i wouldn't really recommend it. You need all the mass you can get in there for it to actually be on any use, and i'm not even sure if that is going to be, but hey, as you did it to pass by the revision time and taking a break from it, good on you.

Could of made it more symmetrical though. (Y)

I just saw the perspex, and thought, i have nothing better to do (well except revision (Y) )

Adam

Simply drilling holes in it will invariably weaken it, how much is hard to say though. Same goes for any material, the hole prevents stresses travelling through the material properly and causes them to build up around the hole. It's much better to mill away material leaving an i-beam shape (as previously said) or to leave it alone.

As for putting it on the back, it might work, perspex is actually pretty stiff, but does break quicker than say steel or aluminium. If it's thick enough it could well work as a rear booster.

I have to say that although as a part it looks nice, but I'm not a fan of boosters on the front :blink: