How Heavy Is Your 26inch Bike

colly

right heres what i have done. took a 2.5 maxxis off the front and replaced it with a 2.1 tioga, which has saved a lot, but its the rear which is the tank of the bike it is a ton weight, i have a 721 on hope xc and an echo tyre with a dh tube in, is it safe to drill the inside of the rim? i stil ride street on it but its like sidehops and lots of front bumps, and gaps like compy street.

right heres what i have done.  took a 2.5 maxxis off the front and replaced it with a 2.1 tioga, which has saved a lot,  but its the rear which is the tank of the bike it is a ton weight,  i have a 721 on hope xc and an echo tyre with a dh tube in, is it safe to drill the inside of the rim?  i stil ride street on it but its like sidehops and lots of front bumps, and gaps like compy street.

Stick the maxxis on the back and use a standard tube, that should save a bit and still resist puntures. you should be ok to drill the rim athough a 521/721 is already quite light. your wheel xc on 721 shouldn't be too heavy, just ditch the dh tube :mellow:

It's not really about weight, it's about smoothness.

If you land smoothly you won't rim out so won't pinch, if you land like a sack of spuds you will rim out, and then pinch.

I'd suggest taking the dh tube out and doing a tubeless conversion. :)

I've just weighed my two bikes and I'm quite shocked.

THEY BOTH WEIGH 23LBS.

My first is my 24" STEEL Leeson, with STEEl forks. Dmr tyres, sun rhyno lite rims.

My secoond is my 26" base TA26 with all light stuff.

I never even thought that a stell streety frame could weigh that.

Meh.

Isnt it all about where the weight in your bike is as to how it feels?

Say if you had heavier bars you wouldnt really notice it as much because your holding on to them and they are really close to where your pulling, but, if your forks are heavier you will feel it more because they are further from where your applying force.

something to do with force x distance, moments etc????