How Heavy Is Your 26inch Bike

colly

hey just wondering what you think is a resonable weight for a double disc comp set up 26? and how light do you think it is safe to go to. mine weighs in at 27-28 and i want to below 25 maybe to 24. is that a ok weight? thanks

i just want my bike to be a bit lighter becasue at the end of the day if i get a few pounds of it it means im lifting a few pounds less on sidehops and big steps and every other trials move really. i rode an xtp yesterday and it was light and it was easier to hop etc, and felt a lot lighter

My 24" is pretty light, 24.5lb its gonna be soo light soon, It has DH tubes in at the moment and heavy rims.

New Rims, 100g lighter each :turned: haha

Normal Tubes, save about 500g.

Hope Hub on rear, 100g,

Loose the mech, simple chain tensioer jobby, 150g saved. :"> sad..

thats...850g, meaning it'l be around the 23lb mark, that will be so nice, lighter bikes do ride better, I stick by that, especially if your not big..

24 pounds is a good weight for a double disc 26" comp bike, if thats what youre aiming for then go for it. Every little thing should be taken into account, from your seat to your wheels, forks etc, every little gram here and there adds up. It wont matter if you over drill your rims or whatever to save weight as im guessing you wont be using it for street.