Whats The Smallest Disk Rotor?

Mr Motivator

I'm getting my lil bro a trials bike, and sorting out some stuff. Im getting an old avid calliper and machining a new calliper adaptor.

Seeing as its going to have 10 inch wheels it needs to be small.

Sam

hehe 10inch wheels, how old is he then? :'(

One and a half but this will be for his 2nd birthday :lol:

I know about the 16 inch montys etc, but this is gonna be like a mod for him :'(

Iv got rims already and 10" Kenda tyres :(

I dunno about cranks though, where can I get tiny tiny cranks? I might be able to get some steel ones off an old trike or soething.

Finally someone that can use a mini seat to its full potential!!

What about the stem and bars, are you going to make them as well?

You could just buy a really crap old kiddies bike and salvage it!

Why not just use a 160mm rotor or a 200mm, lol it would be as big as the wheel.

Which just reminds of this:

gallery_3723_982_18919.jpg

You have probably all seen it ages ago but hey its weird!

Make sure you post up a pic of the finished bike,

Steve

gallery_1495_766_16334.jpg

Thats a design I did in about 10 mins. Iv'e got one with propper scaled measurements too :'(

Iv got the seat tube not too far back so I can put a post in there and still be able to put a seat in there that I can rise up and down as no doubt he'll be using it for a get around :lol:

Sam

he he sounds a cool idea anyway-but why use a disc? surely a rim brake will provide enough power? well it does for the majority of us.....he he

Pimp factor. His mates wont have a disk or a rear magura with red bloxx and a grind :lol:

Anyway, I know someone that can make me a rotor any size with his name cut out for me now :-

Sam

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials

Pimp factor. His mates wont have a disk or a rear magura with red bloxx and a grind :P

Anyway, I know someone that can make me a rotor any size with his name cut out for me now :lol:

Sam

his mates probably wont know what a disc brake is :P but meh cool-we we want pics (Y)

you do realised a front disc will probably kill him? :-

Clive Leeson used to muck around with 130mm rotors on the front of Kris's trials bikes with specially machined calipers. Give him a call.

Rich

Yeh i remember pictures of those on the leeson website. On 26" bike i dont know how a rotor so small can provide sufficient braking. Anyway this little bike sounds like its gonna be mint, youll have to post pics when its done.