Whos Seen A Ghost

Davetrials

My dad told me this story agesssss ago.

When he was about 5 or 6 he was on holiday with his mum and dad. When he was asleep he got woken up in the night by something he looked down to the end of his bed and someone was sat with their back turned to him. He looked again and he was still there. After a few minutes he turned round. It turned out that the bloke was his grandad. He looked at my dad and said "Bye Mike" 

Then the next day he got a phone call saying that his Grandad had died in the night. 

VERY wierd!  :P

SPIRITS:  Spirits are intelligent entities, which have moved forward into the dimension, which follows the demise of the human body, again according to Patti Starr.  They are aware of their death and come by to the earthly realm to interact with loved ones during times of happiness, or in times of grief.  We’ve all heard about Uncle Joe who appeared to a member of his family to say goodbye.  Or stories of Aunt Jane being seen at her Granddaughter’s wedding.  Uncle Joe and Aunt Jane are examples of spirits. They are intelligent forms of energy, which purposely connect with the living.

Heh, made me laugh.

I think the whole converstaion is really interesting, i would love to become some physics bloke who discovered some new thing, like the quarks, i'd love to be learnt about in the future and my amazing discoveries. Better get my B in maths so i can do it at A level.

The world is flat its impossible for it to be round.... :P

Monkey you are like a christian forcing you beliefs on people...

i mean i'm not sure what i believe in.... but if you believe in say god.. etc... then he would work in magical ways just like goasts would... meaning that they could defy the law of science....

i'm not saying this is true... or false..

just every ones intitled to their own opioion and you seem to be inforcing your on people..

sorry for the ....... (s)

Edited by HarshRider

MrMonkey. Read some quantum physics theories. It was been proved in electron tunnels that electrons, protons and neutrons can break up into their component parts, hence something as "solid" as a wall could be penetrable by these smaller "particles".

Also, please remember that atoms are mainly empty space, and that successful teleportation of photons has been achieved. Both of these factors could form some scientific reasoning. The evolution of our knowledge of particle behavior is constantly throwing up new theories.

But wait a second, for this thing to have the energy to project itself as an image make sound etc, then to pass through a wall it would need an enormous amount of energy either to exert of itself or to be exerted on it. Yeah I think you're just trying to catch me out by saying such and such a thing is impossible but completely impractical for the situation.

Yes I am forcing my beliefs on people of course. You choose what your read on a forum, if you read it how am I forcing it upon you.

MrMonkey. Read some quantum physics theories. It was been proved in electron tunnels that electrons, protons and neutrons can break up into their component parts, hence something as "solid" as a wall could be penetrable by these smaller "particles". 

Im guessing this only happens under extreme circumstances which would make something like that happen? if were still also actually on the subject of ghosts well why would this sort of apparent pyshics only be applied when someone has died? because you dont hear about living people walking through walls and floating about :D

To be honest none of us know whether its true or not, none of us are stupidly intelligent physicists or quantum physicists or whatever you want to be called. At the moment its just going to be a matter of opinion whether they are apparently 'real' or not but then that depends how you define them as being real as they are dead so how can they exist :P which is then when you start going into metapyshics which just gets complicated ;)

To be honest none of us know whether its true or not, none of us are stupidly intelligent physicists or quantum physicists or whatever you want to be called. At the moment its just going to be a matter of opinion whether they are apparently 'real' or not but then that depends how you define them as being real as they are dead so how can they exist  :P which is then when you start going into metapyshics which just gets complicated  ;)

Ahem... :D

Also, please remember that atoms are mainly empty space, and that successful teleportation of photons has been achieved. Both of these factors could form some scientific reasoning. The evolution of our knowledge of particle behavior is constantly throwing up new theories.

Those are the exact two examples I was gonna say - things that we would definitely have though of as being 'impossible' a few years ago, but like with most things in science some new idea comes along and soon enough it will probably seem 'normal'.

I'm not trying to say that either of those have anything to do with ghosts as I'm sure giptown isn't, I'm just trying to make the point that you can't assume we know everything and immedaitely say something is bullshit, just because some theories might go against it.

As our physics teachers are always saying, physics theories don't tell us WHAT happens - they're mainly just ideas which happen to be able to predict and explain things which do happen.

^ Yeah, luckily enough, this guy understands what i'm on about. I am not saying that this proves their existence (as i don't believe in them either), but i am pointing about the fallibility of arguing something so vehemently from a scientific view point. Science is not infallible, as theories are proved, and disproved constantly. The conservation of energy theory is not a reason to discount other peoples view points out right; it's an rational assessment based on CURRENT knowledge. Don't put so much faith in what you see as the fundamentals of physics.

Im guessing this only happens under extreme circumstances which would make something like that happen?

Well no-one knows, as when observed the nature of quantum physics alters. However, it is suggested that electrons can pass across a space without ever being present in between.

Edited by giptown

I was once doing some pottery when i felt arms reach around me, all sexy like. I didn't know what to do, i was scared stif he hem. Afterwards there was a strange ectoplasm on my back. Still,... s**t hot vase.

haha :D , sounds familiar im sure ive seen something like that before ;)"

Ahem...  :P

yes?

^^He said Ahem because you wrote "Stupidly intelligent" - Oxymoronic :D

I just read the link about parallel universes and seems like it could happen to be honest. I still dont believe in ghosts though lol :P

Electrons CAN pass through solids Ill have you know..... Look at Gamma radiation. That can pass through copper, and even steel. What if theres another type of radiation we haven't discovered yet which isn't harmful (and thus produces waves capable of carrying a projection) In fairness most of basic science isn't actually proven. No one has looked inside an atom yet, they've just guessed using extremely clever....guessin devices

none of us are stupidly intelligent physicists or quantum physicists or whatever you want to be called.

Ahem, someone is! :D

Actually, was he even a physicist? Ah well he was a stupidly clever scientist :P.

Max

Edited by rad2themax

About a year ago i was in bed, i heard a noise coming from the landing, i sort of got up but stayed sat down in the bed, when i looked at the landing i saw a man in a top hat and the rest of his body was just a shadow :), so i lied straghit back down, then 5 mins later me mum and dad were looking down stairs cause they heard foot steps :D

thanks

snowy (Y)

Gamma radiation is not made up of electrons. It is made up of photons.

My bad, thank you. Beta radiation then. (although I don't know a lot myself) something about rogue electrons? Dunno. Still possible for protons, neutrons amd electrons to move between atoms i reckon. And then maybe re-form once they've passed through the solid :)

My bad, thank you. Beta radiation then. (although I don't know a lot myself) something about rogue electrons? Dunno. Still possible for protons, neutrons amd electrons to move between atoms i reckon. And then maybe re-form once they've passed through the solid :)

Sometimes electrons do move between two molecules.

thinking about it, they say that ghosts are a form of EMF energy and spectrial energy, well magnetic fields can pass through solids, so if they are basically an unknown magnetic field then surely they can pass through anything?

god knows..

But can you see a magnetic field :) No you can't.