Harrogate/leeds Area

damo

Hey,

Well basically my problem is i've recently moved up north to harrogate and ive bought a few new things for my bike so i was just woundering is there any good shops that can fit chris king headsets?

Chears in advance

Damo (Y)

Hey,

Well basically my problem is i've recently moved up north to harrogate and ive bought a few new things for my bike so i was just woundering is there any good shops that can fit chris king headsets?

Chears in advance

Damo  (Y)

Stif, quite close to leeds, its in headinly, great shop, they will be able to fit headsets and should make a great job of it.

Directions on this page

http://www.stifsport.com/shop/our_shop.asp

Aire valley is also a great shop, really friendly staff, have a word with waynio on here am sure he ll be able to sort you out

Edited by chrishayton

Stif, quite close to leeds, its in headinly, great shop, they will be able to fit headsets and should make a great job of it.

Directions on this page

http://www.stifsport.com/shop/our_shop.asp

Aire valley is also a great shop, really friendly staff, have a word with waynio on here am sure he ll be able to sort you out

Second vote for stif if your in the leeds area :- Aire valley is quite good but rather overpriced on some stuff ^_^ The guys at stif let us attach and setup a mech/shifter in their workshop :D But then again i spent about an hour in aire valleys workshop playing with a BB and chain device on my mates bike. 2 Good shops :D

Second vote for stif if your in the leeds area :P Aire valley is quite good but rather overpriced on some stuff :D The guys at stif let us attach and setup a mech/shifter in their workshop :D But then again i spent about an hour in aire valleys workshop playing with a BB and chain device on my mates bike.  2 Good shops :)

for trials - aire valley > stif.

I am not a fan of stif, mainly because some of the people that work there are complete knobs ^_^ most of them think trials is a shitty sport and think kings are too good to ride trials on and we should all ride shimanos :D

but they are good mechanics :- and do know what they are doing.

Aire Valley has (at least) three trials riders working there and are really friendly and its a cool shop.

Mike

for trials - aire valley > stif.

I am not a fan of stif, mainly because some of the people that work there are complete knobs  :P most of them think trials is a shitty sport and think kings are too good to ride trials on and we should all ride shimanos ;)

but they are good mechanics :D and do know what they are doing.

Aire Valley has (at least) three trials riders working there and are really friendly and its a cool shop.

Mike

I completely agree, those c**ts in stif are so arrogant its unbelievable! They once offered me a job but I thought man I couldn't stick working with that darn wheelbuilder who thinks he is gods gift!

Anyway, they might be nobs but they are VERY good at workshop stuff and have every tool under the sun!

Jon

3 trials riders including 6 times british champion..............Chris Akrigg.

woowoo, been speaking to damo about it. cheers for advising the lad to come to me/us.

i think il be picking the bike up from him (meeting him half way @ skipton) then taking the bike to work and repairing it for him.

Danny we aint over priced we are a retail shop........... that means you sell things at retail yes there are people who are cheaper such as chain reaction and such forth who are fully into the internet but are probably one man bands no over heads and the staff dont know the difference between a nut or a bolt........ (Exagerrated)yes you can get an XT mech thats off the black import market from CRC for £40.00 woopey doo but at the end of the day we could do that but we want our shelves to look neat and nice with BOXED and proper shimano components but when you have 6/7 full time members of staff who get to go to places FREE like marin and kona open days and learn about suspension technology and frame design and your more in the know than little jonny thinking hes kool on the street giving poor advice then you can call us expensive but we charge no more than any other shop, our labour charges are probably the lowest in the area yet have the best mechanics working on them..........im not having a go but you cant be saying things are expensive when we let quite alot of people (my friends or people i know reasonably well fitting things in our workshop and doing quick jobs for them free?????) i dont think you could really moan or grumble at it.

Waynio..........................

my opinion on the matter any way, but i didnt want to post until someone had said something and the response ro sending people to us was good, thanks for the positive feedback........................

most of our customers will travel to us to see/speak with Chris more than anything, and thats good too.