Torn Between...

butcha87

The time has come for me to decide.I have a flattie on both bikes and I love them both as much as the other, they bot have their pros and cons. In essence I'm a street rider. I like to do trials and ride BMX in a street manner. The problem with my trials bike is that I jsut find it hard to bunnyhop, and it's not even a good ride for trials either. The problem with the BMX are it's shit brakes, and just the general shit spec of my BMX. I;ve got to decide, it's one or the other?!?!PLease help,I'm such an indecisive b*****d!!

Cheers

It's a Pashley 26 Mhz, it bunnyhops fine, jsut not as well as my BMX, as expected I guess! :"> As a matter of fact I've got an ET frame sitting in my room,but I've not got the funds to put it together. I'm stuck as anything.

Edit: True JTM. I can't remember the last time I pedal hopped or did any of that trialsy kinda stuff. I backwheel things, and thats about it. Ideally I would like to be able to backwheel things on my BMX and "stick them to back wheel" so I could fufanu and tyre tap walls and stuff, but with a naff brake I just can't do that!

Edited by butcha87

i understand what your getting at.......

i have a bmx and mod and thought bought selling both for 24" yet i couldnt be bothered.......im not th much into bmxing, i got it so i cud travel quicker rather than on my mod.....i got back into dirt and messing about street wise, but once i sliced my shin ope, i dont attempt stuff like tht, just ride trials now.

I had this decision a little while ago, I went riding with some friends on my bmx and it was great fun and not to blow my own trumpet but i was pretty good ^_^ .

i chose trials in the end 1. because i had payed and put so much money into trials i did not want to waste it.

2. I got hurt and couldnt walk for 3 days the first day i went riding bmx.

3. i realised that you can do trials anywhere!! Normally bmx is confined to parks or a little bit of street but generally it is not as easy to find something to do in street as trials is, thats what i love about trials!!!

Just go with what you think, whatever you think you will enjoy more.

Aaron.

i was in the exact situation, it's really hard to choose from i was good at both, but i just chose trials. and now i think to my self god im glad i picked trials, but then i get on a bmx and then i think ahhhhh i wish i still had my bmx lol.

thanks,

ben.

^_^

you can drill some v brake mounts into your bmx, so you can put v's or even maggies on  :-

No you can't, don't be silly. If you wanted to do that you could either get braze on mounts or a v-brake plate.

I chose my BMX, as did Bongo, but the best part of trials is the fact that you can have a load of fun on just a curb, without all the effort of building jumps etc. Downside is that you can't get anywhere... ^_^"

I think it's hard to choose, I love my 24" for trials but I hate trying to ride BMX sort of stuff on it as it feels weak and bulky. All my local friends ride BMX and take the piss for riding trials all the time, but when I go on rides to Reading, Oxford etc I usually have a laugh.

Both my bikes are pretty mint but I feel more comfortable on my BMX, its just I'm slightly better at trials/flatland so it feels like I'm not progressing at either type of riding sometimes. Trials riders are pretty friendly because it's such a small sport but I just can't be arsed to learn to sidehop and backwheel all the time because I get bored.

Maybe I'm just a crap rider but I reckon you either have it or you don't. E.g If your good at trials then you'll probably be good at BMX as well (Edd Tongue, Akkrigg etc). I don't think I've 'got it' but I'll carry on trying learn to air a ramp lol. If you can ride both well, then you're either unemployed, been riding for ages or just talented.

Tom :lol: