King Disco Tech Rear Hub

colly

right i no very little about these hubs and i may be buying one very soon, so basically are they ok for trials? are they strong enough? do they skip much? also if it has the standard drive shell should i still get it? and can i bolt a standard 6 bolt rotor to the hub? thanks if any one has any more info please tell me thanks colly ^_^

right i no very little about these hubs and i may be buying one very soon, so basically are they ok for trials? are they strong enough?  do they skip much?  also if it has the standard drive shell should i still get it? and can i bolt a standard 6 bolt rotor to the hub?  thanks if any one has any more info please tell me thanks colly  :lol:

chris swallow has had one for something silly like 6 years and not a problem he says B)

but as far as i know he services it for every 1-2 months of riding.

i think youll have to upgrade to the steel drivesheel for trials thou, better ask tarty about this, he seems to be the king king :-

ta

Will

I have a discotech, going on 4 years old now, still to have a service, hardly ever slips, best hub ever! :lol:

the hub should come with an adaptor to use 6 bolt disk rotors.

I use an alloy drive shell and have had little problems.

Got my discotech off travistrials and its perfect, I believe it has been serviced by tarty at some point. Never skipped and very light, mines got the alu driveshell, you cant really run singlespeed on it (unless you have a kingcog like me :lol: ) cos the driveshell dies very quickly. i dont run a disk on the rear so cant comment, but overall its awesome.

Yep, the alloy shell should be fine as long as you run either a King Kog or a full cassette with a carrier.

The disk mount system looks nice and strong, similar spline system to the Shimano hubs/rotors.

Gte Adam to service it if you buy it from Ebay or new from a shop, that way it'll be properly set up for trials :lol:

Yep, the alloy shell should be fine as long as you run either a King Kog or a full cassette with a carrier.

depends if you only use one of the sprockets. if you do, the bolts start to bend, then snap and the driveshell will die in the same way as when you use a single speed kit. i have had my king for a year (previously owned by Andy P) and it's only had a few problems. the alu driveshell got mashed pretty easily, but i got a new steel one from tarty, and the standard axle snapped (but king warrantied it, and sent an HD axle with fun bolts and an HD lockring from America)