Giving Up Stock To Ride Mod

Trials Boy

Hi All,

Just wanted to know who has given up Stock to ride Mod?

Cos' there seems to be a fair amount of mods going for sale in the for sale section and saying 'Im selling my mod as i ride my stock to much'.

But there seems to be loads of mod riders. :(

When i rode mod on my old bike i found it hard :( Don't know why. I wanted to give up my stock and ride mod for a while but i'm not sure if i would regret it?

I have a few old parts out the back ie: Decent pair of wheels, bars and stem etc...

Has anyne done this and regreted it?

Cheers,

Mat

advantages of mod: easier to chuck around, bigger sidehops(debateable), bigger backhops to backwheel/frontwheel, bigger gaps(debateable), easier spins , better for bunny hops....

disadvantages: harder to land on/take off from rails, harder to bump, some say they are harder to manual but im just as good on it as on stock

ta

Will

Edited by WILL ARNOLD

I've ridden mod all my life. Everytime i ride a stock im so glad i dont own one (no offence big wheel riders :P ) I just find mod's so fun except with rail gaps.

However stock bikes dont really fit on benches :(" :(

i have done it and i dont regret it :P

im quite short thou so maybe that has a part to play?

how tall are you and what bike are you goingfrom and to?

ta

WIll

Well, i'm really tall for my age thats the thing, i'm about 5 foot 5 and i'm only 13. :(

I have a Orange Zero at the moment (Nice and short :'( ) and i find it lovely.

IF i did decide to change, what mod would you all reckon?

I thought for something like a Team or something? :("

Cheers.

Well, i'm really tall for my age thats the thing, i'm about 5 foot 5 and i'm only 13.  :(

I have a Orange Zero at the moment (Nice and short  :'( ) and i find it lovely.

IF i did decide to change, what mod would you all reckon?

I thought for something like a Team or something?  :("

Cheers.

as for what bike its totally up to you, but something similar to a t-pro in lenght, so an echo would be fine :P

as for what bike its totally up to you, but something similar to a t-pro in lenght, so an echo would be fine :(

Well i have some T-Pro bars and stem, and some wheels hanging around somewere that i can use, and i think some decent mod forks.

SO if i just get the frame and cranks, see how it goes and if i like it, fully change? :(

OnzaBoyMark is like 6'2 I think and he rides a T-Pro, height has nothing to do with it though but I know people will continually ask "Am I too tall for Mod".

I do make the Pro look diddy (Y)

Gotta say I do rock a pretty high front end though; Onza T-Master stem and Pazzaz risers = 38" bar height. Tried lower stem (ZOO!) and it felt wankity wank.

Mod just feels nicer than stock. Can kinda flick around on them more so you can just do more spontaneous moves almost, whereas stocks always feel like they 'plod'.

Plus I think I've backwheeled 1 3ft plus wall on a stock without gooching myself :-\

if i ever wanted to change id have to go for a long python, always thought of the change for years but dont want to incase i cant ride/get used to it as good as my stock, plus my riding places are long distances to a stock makes sense to ride there with 8 gears. (Y)