What Do U Think Of The T-comp

karl3

I want to spend as little as possible (Y) I don't want to blow a small fortune on trick bits in case I get bored with falling off, bending/snapping the bike and end up losing a bundle...

127.5mm? cheers

I thought that adding to the existing topic would be best but no matter :D

Super Cycles are flogging them off on eBay at the moment, maybe I should have spent a bit more money and got summat stronger!

If you want to spend as little as possible but still have a nice bike I would say, maybe Echo Easy forks £72 If thats too much you would probably be good with come good cheap monty forks from cleanbikes around the £30 range, and a T-master stem and maybe some Zoo bars (29") from Tarty. That would have you set up pretty nicely for the mean while :lol: .

EDIT: you will defently need a booster for that frame as well, So have a look on tarty bikes in the break booster page.(Thats assuming you havn't already got one)

Edited by tom_wilko

Its not going to snap the first time you ride off something (provided you dont ride off a 14foot drop and land flat - which is going to sprain both your wrists and probably your ankles anyway).

the more experienced members will no doubt correct me if im wrong but I think im right in saying that comp oriented frames aren't designed to break as soon as you ride on the pavement, they just have thinner tubes compared to 'streety' frames and wont last as long if you keep bashing them into walls.

As long as you take care of the frame (ie - avoid gapping to downtube) it'll probably last you plenty long enough to decide whether you like trials or not.

Thanks for all the advice, I've taken the plunge and ordered a shit load of stuff from tartybikes.co.uk I must remember to hide the credit card statement from the wife :)

I made the mistake of telling my missus how much my bike cost - I was in all sorts of trouble to start with

but then...

I pointed out that her gym membership for the year came to more than my bike and that she probably spends more on warpaint, face cream, hairbands and shampoo in a year than my bike is ever going to cost me.

If all of that fails, tell her that free with the bike you'll be getting a lovely pair of man boobies (the good kind), a nice new arse, a lumpy stomach, bigger arm muscles and (on average) an extra 15 minutes poking when you have those special cuddles (due to increased stamina from all the bouncing).

Also, don't forget you dramatically reduce the likelyhood of the prostate problems and erectile disfunction associated with cycling by riding a bike with no seat.

there you go - wife sorted :lol:

If all of that fails, tell her that free with the bike you'll be getting a lovely pair of man boobies (the good kind), a nice new arse, a lumpy stomach, bigger arm muscles and (on average) an extra 15 minutes poking when you have those special cuddles (due to increased stamina from all the bouncing).

Also, don't forget you dramatically reduce the likelyhood of the prostate problems and erectile disfunction associated with cycling by riding a bike with no seat.

there you go - wife sorted :)

I love that, tis brillliant!

I think it looks quite nice, however i have had a ride on one and it feels horrible, and its so much of an effort to get onto the backwheel and do things on the backwheel compared to other mods. But if you have one, and you like it then theres no problem with that :)

I think it's a georgious frame and probably my next after my t-pro is deceased. 7 stone rider light enough :) .

how the f**k are you 7 stone? your in year 11! im in yer 10 and im 9 stone. you must be like a anorexic(sp?) midgit.

if you really are that light then you really shouldn't have any problems with it.