Sony Psp

Trials Boy

Hi All,

I might be getting a Sony PSP soon, i just wanted to know if any of you lot had one and if you think there good?

So can you post if you have one or played on one before as i haven't. :P

Thanks,

Mat

(Y)

Edited by Trials Boy

My mate got his from china I think on ebay! Apparently the ones from chine are slightly better because the internals in the screen are better, something to do with the colour and the ways its arranged or something, cant remember what he was babbling on about exactly!

He got the PSP and a game for a bit over £200 I think.

He loves his but the only downside about them is the battery! It dosent last very long at all, about 3 hours I think! :P

Rob (Y)

One of my old housemates got one a couple of months back when he visited america, amazing graphics for a handheld.

However after about 2 weeks the power switch snapped or disconnected inside rendering it useless. We tried to remove the covers but couldnt get them off easily and decided not to force them too much. He is now waiting for them to be released in England so he can get it repaired.

My mate has had one since last september, IMo its very good, but he loves it wayyyy to much!!!! (pure computer freak)

Hes got about 6 diffrent games, and the graphics are amazing! lol

Defo get one if you have the chance, just dont drop it or the screen will fly out and you will cry, but then you realise that you can get one for free again (Y) :P (Y)

My mate got his from china I think on ebay! Apparently the ones from chine are slightly better because the internals in the screen are better, something to do with the colour and the ways its arranged or something, cant remember what he was babbling on about exactly!

He got the PSP and a game for a bit over £200 I think.

He loves his but the only downside about them is the battery! It dosent last very long at all, about 3 hours I think!  :P 

Rob  (Y)

Battery life was always what kept other handhelds from toppling the Gameboy. Technically the Gamegear from Sega was a more powerful piece of kit, and the games looked better, but it took loads of batteries and lasted about five minutes. It's no use having a stunning handheld console if it's not portable because it needs constant recharging. You're the only person I've seen state how long the batteries last though, so maybe it's better than I'm thinking.

Nintendo has always dominated the handheld market, but it remains to be seen what happens between the PSP and the DS. I wouldn't bet against Nintendo, but then this does seem to be the Playstation generation and I'm sure the PSP will sell bucketloads regardless of how good it actually is.

The PSP will be undoubtadly better than the Dual Shit... But it'll still be crap... The square button doesn't work properly, the battery life is preety shocking due to the quality etc... Sony wanted to make it smaller than the DS and so have sacrificed durability and performance for a smaller case! This is just another high priced sony piece of poo... get an Xbox 360 (Y)

Yeh i got one back in febuary.

I sold it about 3 weeks ago.

It's deffo the best handheld console, but like almost everything the novelty soon wears off.

I had 3 games, JAP version of RidgeRacers and the US versions of Tony Hawks and Fifa Soccer.

All 3 were awesome games, and helped pass many boring free periods with my mates. We had little tournaments and stuff on tony hawks and had a 3 player wireless link up on Ridgeracers with my mate and this other geek who had one.

I also had numerous episodes of Family Guy and Southpark on it, and a few bmx/trials videos.

It was mint, but as soon as i left school i never used it, so i flogged it on the bay because it'll depreciate loads ofter the UK launch. (Y)

Battery life was always what kept other handhelds from toppling the Gameboy. Technically the Gamegear from Sega was a more powerful piece of kit, and the games looked better, but it took loads of batteries and lasted about five minutes. It's no use having a stunning handheld console if it's not portable because it needs constant recharging. You're the only person I've seen state how long the batteries last though, so maybe it's better than I'm thinking.

Nintendo has always dominated the handheld market, but it remains to be seen what happens between the PSP and the DS. I wouldn't bet against Nintendo, but then this does seem to be the Playstation generation and I'm sure the PSP will sell bucketloads regardless of how good it actually is.

Word.

Thats basically it, it doesn't matter if its good or not the thing will sell because Sony make it. Who will buy it? The same morons that have bought 6 different PS2's after disk read errors or the shed load of other problems that they have, maybe they wanted a silver one, maybe they wanted a smaller one it all the same.

I've used the PSP quite a bit and overall I think its pretty average and not really worth the money, unless you hack and crack the shit of it so it plays SNES games that are actually worth playing :P

The videos and pictures that you can have on it, dont really need to be used on the move so you can just use you PC. The MP3 functions are ok but hey I've got a mini one thats 10x smaller and last's way longer. The games on it are pretty standard, why play it on the move when you can play a much better version of the same sony branded trash on your PS2 at home on a massive TV? The UMD films again, pretty pointless get the DVD and watch it on a bigger screen in the comfort of you own room or whatever.

Yeh i got one back in febuary.

I sold it about 3 weeks ago.

It's deffo the best handheld console, but like almost everything the novelty soon wears off.

I got my DS a little before you got that, I still love my DS the longer its out the greater the games are :P Just imported Meteos and Kirby and the both mint, it offers something totally different from other consoles and thats what makes it apealing and practicle in a handheld. Theres not masses of great DS games out yet, unfortunately re-hashs and PS2 style ports dont work well AT ALL NFSU2 etc there all dire but the DS unique games are a blast and are refreshing to play :)

Olly.