Echo/zoo! Rear Hub

picki

I think they were claiming around 200, but it worked out less than that and with alot more problems with slow and missed engagements etc. I can't remember the ins and outs of it, I'm sure if you search you can find something along the right lines!

James (Y)

I think that the problem was that because it had so many engagements the teeth were fine and so broke too easily, and it skipped often due to the aforementioned.

It would be nice for them to develop it though and release it, its been all but too long for manufacturers to start producing good trials specific hubs, except hope of course who are releasing the pro two soonish (Y)

It had loads of engagements, mainly 'cos it had loads of ratchet point bits on the shell, and 4 or 6 pawls (can't remember?), but only ONE engaged at a time.

One pawl, holding all your weight? If that one pawl skips, then all of your force is going to go straight onto the next pawl, which pretty much won't take all that strain (think of how other hubs skip, then even with 2+ pawls next it still skips fully?), so you're just f**ked.

I don't think I'd *ever* buy a single pawl engagement hub, unless I fancy quick dental work.

It had loads of engagements, mainly 'cos it had loads of ratchet point bits on the shell, and 4 or 6 pawls (can't remember?), but only ONE engaged at a time.

One pawl, holding all your weight?  If that one pawl skips, then all of your force is going to go straight onto the next pawl, which pretty much won't take all that strain (think of how other hubs skip, then even with 2+ pawls next it still skips fully?), so you're just f**ked.

I don't think I'd *ever* buy a single pawl engagement hub, unless I fancy quick dental work.

Why cant they all engage at the same time? Something to do with the design?

Haha after reading Dan Kos new thread about "new" echo and zoo bits its not really surprising, they are all "rushed" onto the market, its called rip-offs hence peoples mounts started breaking on their pitbulls, its all "Neil Tunnicliffes/CLS new sig frame" which acctually means they said "I want a 1060/1040 wb frame" but Dengs kept his age old design... its a bunch of balls if you ask me (Y) stick English, GO ONZA!

James ;)

they engage seperately so that the engagement numbe4r increases...

hub sounds a load of poo to be honest, whats wrong with a king or profile? or hope fot that matter?

Oh i understand how it works now...

Its pointless trying to sacrifice strength, reliability and safety for more engagements. Yes more engagements does help in trials but in my opinion a hope engages quick enough for me, i have ridden on kings and they do feel nice but i cant afford one :)