1. 1. Which mod frame rides the nicest?

• Koxx levelboss
    • Koxx XTP
    • Echo team 2004
    • Echo team 2005 (hi-fi)
    • Zoo python 2004
    • Zoo python 2005
    • Monty xlite ti

Hi, I am buying a new frame and I was just wondering what peoples views were on the nicest frame to ride both natural and street? Only lookin for the opinions of those who have ridden the frame properly before, not people who just like the look of the frame or have ''ridden their mates for a bit''!

Edited by pogonation

I ride the Zoo CLS Python '05, and love it (Y) It rides well on natural and can transfer(wheel swap) on higher stuff, which is always nice ;)

The Echo Team(long) rides fairly similar to the Python, in whichit sidehops well, and is fairly long, but is a bit flickier. :) I think the '04 Team has similar geometry?

The Monty 221 wont last long if you ride street on it( like big drop gaps, big drops) and its a bit expensive. It'll ride fairly nice on rocks, because its short wheel base, but long cock-pit area :D

The Koxx Levelboss has similar geometry to a Onza T-pro, but theyre still just as weak.

The Koxx XTP is another natural orientated bike, due to its light weight, and flicky rear end. But it wont last doing drop gaps and generally going big on stuff.

Hate to be a nag but the Echo Team 2005 and the Echo Hi-Fi are completely different bikes, the Hi-Fi is a stock frame 

I think he means the headtube :o

Edited by dan_t-lite

I have had a go on all those frames, most of my friends have had them so I have had a fair few goes...........

I thought they all ride like complete tripe apart from the Monty, which was really REALLY nice.

All the others just felt wrong. The monty just felt soooo good, I stole joe oakly's spare bike and I almost gapped nearly 9ft static straight away, the thing just flies! Also sidehops are just soo easy on it. It feels like it requires no effort to put it where you want. I also really approve of having a rear disk on a mod.

I got a 221, and I would say its the best overall performer in my opinion. It manuals very nicely, gaps very nicely, sidehops very nicely (after all, the sidehop world record is from benito when he used to ride one), is light (my bike with fairly heavy spec is 20lbs- i think if I wanted I could easily get it down to 18lbs), and as for what was said above about it being weak, I would say it is aactually strong.

Other than that I would say the koxx XTP is the nicest riding bike (apart from street involving manuals!), but they dont have the greatest reputation for strength, a bit crap for a £700 (i heard) frame.

im with ali on this one, a bike like the monty ti and the levelboss and XTP designed by "World Champions" are going to ride much nicer than frames (i dont want people to take this the wrong way) but people who are less experienced in "Design" and stuff to do with frames etc etc. geometry for one may not be geometry for all.

Waynio.....................

echo team 05. yes it rides nice but to be fair I haven't ridden anything else to compare it to other than an 04 t-pro. And it rides a bit better than that.

Still stocks are the best. :)

I voted for the monty, but I have only ever ridden the monty, so I don't have anything to compare it too :"> . I had been riding an X-Alp for a long time, then I had a ride on the X-Lite, and it was amazing. It felt so incredibly comfortable, and so incredibly light too!

Sorry if I've skewed your results, as I haven't ridden the other bikes :"> .

Where's the T-Pro frame, i think it's the cheapest out of all the frames and i think it rides mint. I've heard the new echo team rides horrible, the old echo team (my mates got) i think rides nice but is still £350 approx. and with the koxx and zoo they are like £400+. And then the T-Pro at £220 (frame kit) with a really good warranty, half price replacement guarantee.

Oh yes and the monty frames don't really know much about them, they aren't the nicest looking bike i've seen and the price range how much do they cost?

Hope this helps,

Tom

P.S. - T-Pro all the way!!!

Edited by onza_tom123

I ride the Zoo CLS Python '05, and love it :ermm: It rides well on natural and can transfer(wheel swap) on higher stuff, which is always nice :D

The Echo Team(long) rides fairly similar to the Python, in whichit sidehops well, and is fairly long, but is a bit flickier. :( I think the '04 Team has similar geometry?

The Monty 221 wont last long if you ride street on it( like big drop gaps, big drops) and its a bit expensive. It'll ride fairly nice on rocks, because its short wheel base, but long cock-pit area :(

The Koxx Levelboss has similar geometry to a Onza T-pro, but theyre still just as weak.

The Koxx XTP is another natural orientated bike, due to its light weight, and flicky rear end. But it wont last doing drop gaps and generally going big on stuff.

I think he means the headtube :(

:( what gave you that idea? look at danny forster, chris walker, and half of spain, they go huge and none have cracked a monty yet, IMO they're the one of if not the strongest mod bike out atm

I got a 221, and I would say its the best overall performer in my opinion. It manuals very nicely, gaps very nicely, sidehops very nicely (after all, the sidehop world record is from benito when he used to ride one), is light (my bike with fairly heavy spec is 20lbs- i think if I wanted I could easily get it down to 18lbs), and as for what was said above about it being weak, I would say it is aactually strong.

Other than that I would say the koxx XTP is the nicest riding bike (apart from street involving manuals!), but they dont have the greatest reputation for strength, a bit crap for a £700 (i heard) frame.

benito set the new world record 2 weeks ago riding his koxx xtp

I ride the Zoo CLS Python '05, and love it :( It rides well on natural and can transfer(wheel swap) on higher stuff, which is always nice :)

The Echo Team(long) rides fairly similar to the Python, in whichit sidehops well, and is fairly long, but is a bit flickier. (Y) I think the '04 Team has similar geometry?

The Monty 221 wont last long if you ride street on it( like big drop gaps, big drops) and its a bit expensive. It'll ride fairly nice on rocks, because its short wheel base, but long cock-pit area :D

I think he means the headtube :angry:

Haha! As Gaz said... thats utter bullshit Monty's are probably one of the strongest on that list as nobody has cracked one yet!!!

I, myself, voted for the Monty as it is ideal for most people to ride. Very flicky, very good for gaps, sidehops etc... They are the reasons im swapping my XTP for a Monty! :( I can't wait!! :)

Cheers,

Joe.