Tm2 Encoding

Jonny Jones

Hi!

Just wondering, would anybody have objections to me encoding TM2 in DivX format?

I ask this as im not sure if Mac users can view DivX? - If this is the case, I'll more than likely make two versions for Windows and Mac?

Gimme your thoughts! :bunny:

Jonny.

Oh good, well, atm, it seems that the files are bigger? But the quality is sexual over standard mpg!

Im having problems with soundtracks lagging behind the actual footage? Not sure if its my computer being slow or wat?

I'll have a word with FatMike!

J.

Yeah sexually quality is well worth the wait, If you have any problems or just need help I do this as my main job so I'll gladly help when I'm free and actually on my own mac/pc.

I'll find some of the codecs I've been using, but at the moment

blackmagic uncompressed 8-bit has been rocking my world,

we used it at oceanfest with no problems.

Craig

Edited by freeride-wales

Yeah sexually quality is well worth the wait, If you have any problems or just need help I do this as my main job so I'll gladly help when I'm free and actually on my own mac/pc.

I'll find some of the codecs I've been using, but at the moment

blackmagic uncompressed 8-bit has been rocking my world,

we used it at oceanfest with no problems.

Craig

I wanna know more about this blackmagic codec! And everything in general!

Ive PM'd you!

J.

NASS was so hard to film this year, therefore people MAY be disappointed with the finished result. I'll put all the good stuff in that I have.

Ive got 8 tapes of Bike Show stuff to capture - again, shifting through the crap and putting in the good stuff with luck! JIB JAM, rides.. the usual hehe.. hoping to step things up a bit with editing and stuff.. not sure if it will go to plan (ive actually got no idea what im doing for tm2 yet, but dont tell anybody!) :bunny:

J.

Sorry matey was away editing a dance show , I have pm'd you and hopefully my life will slow down for a moment so I can enlighten you to the delights of BlackMagic 8 bit and mpeg4 (h.264).

Craig

P.S Are you using DV cameras and also what video editor? And are we PC or MAC ???

Edited by freeride-wales

Ive got 8 tapes of Bike Show stuff to capture - again, shifting through the crap and putting in the good stuff with luck! 

I know exactly how you feel, having sifted through over thirty 90minute tapes in the last six months, usually trying to find just one damn clip or another.

No objections to DivX, as far as I know the codec works the same on Media Player and Quicktime.

Rich

I vote whatever format will make you edit it and finish it faster. If you release a vid with bikeshow footage in a few months its old news. Everyones already seen the best bits in davegills video etc released within days of the show.