Magura Braze On Kits

pashley pro

• 3 weeks later...

Yer i've got a pair, i got them fitted by my local bike shop and they've worked perfectly (they're fitted to an oldish t-bird). I don't really know much about them because the shop just said these won't fit you need some braze on mounts so they ordedered and fitted them for me. i swear they don't look like that though, ill get a pic soon.

Max.

did the t bird have little holes in the frame or just vee mounts

Depends which year your talking about. The old ones used to have v mounts. But the new ones have 4 bolters now.

(Y)

i think it must had v mounts cos it had v's on it before with no adapters or anything? (Y)

I dndn't know enough to even look back then lol, it has wholes now so i think they must have brazed something on, ill draw you diagram.

Max.

Edit: heres a picture of what i have now, the red bits are stuck to the frame and are the same colour (coincidence? (Y)) and are welded/brazed on. The metal block falls loose when the bolt holding the magie in is undone. The actuall brake is held betwwen the two curvy bits in the black space.

gallery_5160_759_2232.jpg

did the t bird have little holes in the frame or just vee mounts

Edit 2: emh im not really sure, maybe im no help...

clive uses them on the leeson frames :ermm: they are pretty crap, since the threads are very shallow and strip very very easily

Yeah, but you can just bolt them on surly. As you can get to the back of them easily. :)