Dont Trust My Bike.

Chicky

Okay, so this is really holding me back. I dont actually TRUST my bike. I've had no end of problems with the chain, its always too loose and chain tugs dont work. I've recently put a halflink in so the chain doesnt need tugs but i still get the chain coming loose when i ride and it ends up coming off the chainring and often getting caught and snapping.

It only comes off when i ride/pedal hard. So i can ride just over walking pace but any faster makes the f'cking chain come off. With is sooo annoying!

I need some help, chain tugs dont fit right. Half link doesnt make chain tight enough and i cant set the wheel as far forward as it'll go because the chains waaay too loose!

argh, help me.

Not being bitchy mate, but when you come on here and say

"I dont trust my bike because I havent set it up properly, what shall I do?"

It sounds rather stupid to me. Your chain keeps coming off because you have nothing to tension it properly. Put chain tugs on to tension it properly and there is no problem.

Its simple to solve. :shifty:

I don't even know why they bother putting those chain tugs as standard on T-Pros - the T-Pro tugs are the worst pieces of shit I've ever had the misfortune to use. They're just 100% shit, with no redeeming features at all...

Anyhoo, "normal" (i.e. non-shit tugs) work fine. Get one, bang it on, trim it to length, tighten your wheels nuts up tight, retighten the tug nut, sorted :sleeping:

Its sounds to me more like your chain lines out, have a look down your chain and check that its parallel with itself, and the cog at the front and back, if not you way have to space out your fixed cog , use more wheel spacers on one seed, us echain tugs/ cams, oar get the correct length b and a nice chain e.g shadow conspiracy , khi, kmc cool etc

Just set your bike up properly with chain tugs that fit and work. Every one knows you cant ride a mod properly with out them.

Use some common sense.

I'd dissagree with that, but meh. (Y)

Set up your bike like you do, and then tighten the bolts and then turn the bolt on the chain side tugg about half a turn. Problem solved. :sleeping:

Every one knows you cant ride a mod properly with out them.

okay, ive got 14mm dropouts on my bike, and when the wheels as far formard as it will go, the chain is pefect tension. thus i dont need tugs :sleeping:" always worked for me.

As for your problem, try snailcams if yo can use them? i have no idea about the t-pros so check them out. theyre cheap too!

Okay, so this is really holding me back. I dont actually TRUST my bike. I've had no end of problems with the chain, its always too loose and chain tugs dont work. I've recently put a halflink in so the chain doesnt need tugs but i still get the chain coming loose when i ride and it ends up coming off the chainring and often getting caught and snapping.

It only comes off when i ride/pedal hard. So i can ride just over walking pace but any faster makes the f'cking chain come off. With is sooo annoying!

I need some help, chain tugs dont fit right. Half link doesnt make chain tight enough and i cant set the wheel as far forward as it'll go because the chains waaay too loose!

argh, help me.

have you got msn mite have some chain tugs you can have mate