Rear Hub

Luke Drewery

I have just completely knackered my hope rear hub again and its royally peed me off. B)

I have gone through about four hope mono hubs and i am fed up of them now, they last me about five or six months before they need new internals. I was meant to be going for a ride this sunday too but i doubt i can now unless i buy another brand new hope (i have £130 maximum to spend) yet if i do it will turn out to be a waste of money. I was going to buy the hope pro two rear hub when it comes out but i cant really wait that long as my bike is currently useless. What should i do? Buy a new hope hub again or wait? I have two weeks left of my school summer holidays too so i did want to ride. :P

I have just completely knackered my hope rear hub again and its royally peed me off. B)

I have gone through about four hope mono hubs and i am fed up of them now, they last me about five or six months before they need new internals. I was meant to be going for a ride this sunday too but i doubt i can now unless i buy another brand new hope (i have £130 maximum to spend) yet if i do it will turn out to be a waste of money. I was going to buy the hope pro two rear hub when it comes out but i cant really wait that long as my bike is currently useless. What should i do? Buy a new hope hub again or wait? I have two weeks left of my school summer holidays too so i did want to ride. :P

just send it hope and voila ! a new hub

I have done that before and even though i did get a whole new hub for free despite my ran-out warranty it took them about three months to send me the hub! I had to but a deore just so i could ride!

I was under the impression hope had a lifetime warranty?

In which case you must be like the highlander or something.

Anywho my advice is save up for a king and try and get one seconds hand.

Yeah you could wait for the pro trials hub but I would put what you have towards a king.

I was in the same situation as you not long ago. Breaking a bulb once a month and sending it back to hope. Hope were very good with me. I would only have to wait two-three days and they would fix it for a £10. But I wanted something that would last and the king does that.

I was under the impression hope had a lifetime warranty?

Just a year, but Hope are nice B)

dnt buy a king they slip with loads of pressure the teeth are to small.

Lots of small teeth engaging at the same time = stronger than 3 pawls engaging into fewer larger teeth.

I would recommend sending your hub back - give them a call and see what they can do for you.

I have been advised to double up the springs in my hub, how do i do this? Do they fit side by side or one on top of the other? Any help would be much appreciated as i may be able to get my hub working a bit again for now.

I would not listen to whoever told you that...