Squeeky Brake On Ceramic Rim

djb

just got a s/h front wheel, xtr on 521 ceramic for a tenner!!! anyway spent ages trying to set the brake up to stop the squeel, thought i'd done it for a minute and it wasn't making any noise riding round my drive but as soon as i started using it properly it started squeeking again and it's not quite either - i didn't dare use it coming home last night at gone 10pm for fear of waking up all the little children!!

i've tried evrything i can think of, pad alignment, cleaning etc etc but nothings working - anyone got any suggestions?

oh yeah i'm running a front v, one side DX the other LX with some cheapo generic pads. the arms do seem to move forward and back quite a bit on the lugs (bolts are tight as possible) - don't know if this could be the problem?

please help i cannot live with it

Lanky_ricky, ian, and the_ferret, (rick an ben) enjoying waking up little children! whenever i hear them coming to get me i just think, "dammm i hope thats now road legal" but our bikes arn't so.......... Live with it really use it to your advantage such as to scare little children! lol

the squeak is nout bad. its just the friction bettween the rim and pads, due to the friction and compound of the bad making i squeak.

oviously if there is no squeak it is better cause there is no wased energy, meaning a more powerful brake in theory. but not always.

mu rear brake used to be super super load. i was manualing down the highstreetcoming up to osme people , pulled the rear brake and the little d in front jumped bout 10 foot in air (well not realy but you get the idea) ending in him running to his parents crying lol. my bad

thanks ian