How Heavy Is This Frame

jamiequin

i cant find the spec on the internet, me and my mate are having a competition to see who has the lightest bike he has a onza t rapter and the frame weighs about 7lbs (apparently) could any please help find the weight of the base ta26 cheers

jamie

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....pe=post&id=1993

Edited by jamiequin

>_<  you cant say you dont it is natural. ;)  (Y)

i ride other peoples bike an see how their setup feels and try get ideas for my riding but i wouldnt go making a topic asking if my own bike is heavy(your the one riding you should know).

why not weigh them both and stop being sad and go out riding together.

theres no point keeping the bash on, just use a bashring on your crank it'll do the job fine. plus the bash that comes with it is a standard crappy metal bashplate and it isn't very strong at all. My first one snapped whenb i was taking it off the frame. all i did was unscrew the bolts :) :)"

They don't ride heavy either because of the short chainstays. so they ride like a super paper machine just a bit stronger.

theres no point keeping the bash on, just use a bashring on your crank it'll do the job fine. plus the bash that comes with it is a standard crappy metal bashplate and it isn't very strong at all. My first one snapped whenb i was taking it off the frame. all i did was unscrew the bolts  :)  :)"

They don't ride heavy either because of the short chainstays. so they ride like a super paper machine just a bit stronger.

can i ask why your sig is a link to this topic with the title my nice red shiney base ta26, :) how easy is it to angle grind down the bash mounts?

Edited by jamiequin

The bash isn't attached to the frame at the mo Jamie. You'll have to put it on delicatly as the mount has been hit a few times (I didn't use it with the bash). It is possible to put it on the frame though - hence the pictures with it on despite the knackered underside bit!

T-Raptors are not 7lbs, more like 4lbs.

Angle grinding stuff is a piece of piss, just have to watch out for the metal bits flying off in all directions! And be very careful when you get close the bottom bracket/frame tubing around that area.

The bash isn't attached to the frame at the mo Jamie. You'll have to put it on delicatly as the mount has been hit a few times (I didn't use it with the bash). It is possible to put it on the frame though - hence the pictures with it on despite the knackered underside bit!

T-Raptors are not 7lbs, more like 4lbs.

Angle grinding stuff is a piece of piss, just have to watch out for the metal bits flying off in all directions! And be very careful when you get close the bottom bracket/frame tubing around that area.

oh ok, i will keep it of a have a bash anyway. thanks for all the replies. :)

Edited by jamiequin