Acs Claw Freewheel

Houseface

I've never had one on the rear befor i'v always had one on the front and they always break if you land on them so they will be good on the rear i surpose i think if you have the money get a profile a lot better and more reliable and not to mention the engadgements ;) >_<

rickyb (Y)

thanks guys

anybody got any other suggestions apart from acs aaround the 30 price

steve

To my knowledge, there's no freewheels in that price range. Its jumps from £11ish for an acs claw upto £80ish for a white industries trials freewheel. There is another white industries freewheel, which has 1/2 the engagements of the trials model, giving it the same EP as an acs claw, and runs off four pawls, whereas the trials one runs off six. I'm not sure about the price of this, but it is available from the coust site ( I think).

Edited by tom s

you should get one because it makes it easyier to ride because the 22 18 gearing is very fast. getting a 16 tooth acs on the back will also make it simalar to the 18 12 gearing that people with front freewheel usually go for.I had a 16 tooth on the rear and had no problems with it at all

:) get a 16tooth ACS claw :)

It depends on how many tooth you have on the front.because if you have a 18 (like i used to run) it to easy to pedal, making it hard to gap ect. The ACS never broke though so if you get a 20 or 22 tooth front cog it should be good.:)

I know all you guys are Mod riders but, can i run this free wheel (acs claw) with my single speed converted hope XC hub. (i ride stock (26" :D ))

I was talking to Steve (guy who posted (Y) ) :) , and we're both not really too sure on how to do this....or if it's possible????? Well bad boi Steve has more of an idea than me.

He says i need a new hub :D

Any info would be nice,

Neil :o

I know all you guys are Mod riders but, can i run this free wheel (acs claw) with my single speed converted hope XC hub. (i ride stock (26" :P ))

I was talking to Steve (guy who posted :P ) :P , and we're both not really too sure on how to do this....or if it's possible????? Well bad boi Steve has more of an idea than me.

He says i need a new hub  :huh:

Any info would be nice,

Neil ;)

Nah you won't be able to run an acs on an xc, and you would need a new hub which has a place for the freewheel to screw onto. A hub with mtb(135mm) spacing with this facility is the dmr revolver single speed hub, available from chainreaction. Hope it was of some help (Y)

I've had my ACS claw since the bike show and i think its a really good upgrade with more engagements (36) and is really cheap. I have never had a problem with mine just kept riding it

I would get one and the sound quite loud!

Hope this helps,

Tom

Acs's have 24 don't they or was i buying a crap batch :P"

rickyb