Home Cinema Bargain Projector!

andyroo

I have just been to Lidls (yes Lidls) because they are selling this weekend a home cinema projector for £400. I was skeptical when i heard about it, because Lidls sells a lot of crap, but this is incredible.

I scoured the A.V forums for info on it, and it turns out that the spec it has on it makes it equivilent to projectors 3 times the price!

I riskingly bought one, but I've just got it home and plugged it in (it comes with all the different cables that you would need) and it has given me a crisp, flawless, 5 foot+ screen! its incredible! so if you have £400 and you like home cinema, i reccomend you get your buttocks down to Lidls and get one, because it is amazing!

And if it goes wrong, dont fear... it comes with a three year warranty!

(also the bulbs in them dont need to be replaced for 2000 hours, which equates to about 10 years of average viewing)

Go get one!

Spec

Edited by andyroo

Can you put some pics up off soemthing being played on it please ?  :)

Will do a bit later on... but you have to be quick if you want to get one. its this weekend only! believe for the moment when i say the picture is brilliant... i tired it with the sun shining throught the window directly on the wall it was projected on, and it looked no worse than if you had the sun shining directly on the tv! its so brright and clear, and it has a contrast ratio of 1000:1, which means the blacks and colours are really pronounced, copmpared to equvilent projectors of that price having a contrast ratio of only 500:1.

]You can plug it into a pc too! once youve used it, a tv seems so piddly... and in fact, i have now realised that i can see the seperate dots on the screen of my 28" sony trinitron, whereas i cant on the projected screen! the brightness and crispness of the screen cannot be faulted, and the max screen size is a mammoth 200" corner to diagonal opposite corner! get one while you can... you wont regret it.

If theres any left that is

*looks at ways of clearing any wall in the room*

I take it the colour of the wall doesn't really effect how the picture is displayed?

and where abouts have you out the projector, is it on the floor/hung from ceiling/ on bedside table?

Annnnnnd

what sockets does it have in the back? can you have an xbox/ tv ariel etc plugged in, not just a dvd player or something.

Looks very cool.

Anyone else get one? Watched 51st on it yesterday with me surround sound... rather impressed!

Spec is at the top Rich_87, it has pretty much every input you need on it... although it doesnt have one to accept a tv ariel, but it does have a scart input so you can put the tv signal into a video player and then out the video into the projector.

EDIT: I'll put some pics of Halo 2 on it up tonight :blink:

Edited by andyroo