Zona Frame

c.kezer

In theroy they should be good for both. It's the same-ish as a python, and eveyone uses pythons for street.

And people use allsorts of bikes for natural. From montys to pythons. So yeah, it'll do the job for both.

How so?

See also:  Steve-A's mod videos.

There isn't many people who ride 'proper' street on a mod. So when mod users refer to 'street' they always refer CLS type riding.

But yeah he managed street on a mod, amazing vids! But he's riding a 24" now isn't he?

Edited by JT!

In theroy they should be good for both. It's the same-ish as a python, and eveyone uses pythons for street.

And people use allsorts of bikes for natural. From montys to pythons. So yeah, it'll do the job for both.

It depends if you mean bunnyhop/manually/spinny street. Not *many* people use Pythons for that, typically they just do natural in a street way, if you get me.

I always found my T-Pro with a short 'n' high setup felt like sex on a stick for hops to manuals, manuals in general, etc.

It depends if you mean bunnyhop/manually/spinny street.  Not *many* people use Pythons for that, typically they just do natural in a street way, if you get me.

I always found my T-Pro with a short 'n' high setup felt like sex on a stick for hops to manuals, manuals in general, etc.

No one (bar a few) rides street (180's manuals etc) on a mod. And if they did they would be riding a monty.

Don't really get why they'd be riding a Monty?

I don't :-

Becuase they're super bunnyhoppable, short and flickable. Strong.

You dont do 180's manuals and other streety stuff do you?

Edited by JT!

Any bike sub like 1030 is 'short' and 'flickable' and 'bunnyhopable' depending on setup? With T-Master stem and CF risers, my bikes really nice to bunnyhop (got the 50" wall). With the Zoo! stem, it felt like utter shit. It's just down to setup, and for the riding, mindset.

Any bike sub like 1030 is 'short' and 'flickable' and 'bunnyhopable' depending on setup?

Yeah but the montys are even shorter, more flickable, and possibly more 'bunnyhoppable' than other bikes out there. Therefor probably more suited to it.

Edited by JT!

My T-Pro's only approx. 5mm longer than a Monty. Approx. 990mm-ish wheelbase.

Having ridden the T-Lite Long, which is super close to the 221 geometry, slightly longer stays feel a bit nicer for manualling and bunnyhopping, as there's a bit more leeway for getting the angle right (think: BMXs have fairly long stays :-).

My T-Pro's only approx. 5mm longer than a Monty.  Approx. 990mm-ish wheelbase.

Having ridden the T-Lite Long, which is super close to the 221 geometry, slightly longer stays feel a bit nicer for manualling and bunnyhopping, as there's a bit more leeway for getting the angle right (think:  BMXs have fairly long stays :-).

I'll just stick to what feels good beneath my feet. (Y)

In terms of the lower spectrum of the comic table, Tomm, we are left with

| Slapstick

| Sarcasm

| Mime

\|/Slow hand claps

Either way, you said (I think, I can't remember) that you couldn't/no-one could/does ride street on mods, but 2 and a half people do.

FACT. :-

I got absolutly slated when i said "if you want to do street, get a stock". But it's true!

They just don't have the right ballance and such.

Edited by JT!

I got absolutly slated when i said "if you want to do street, get a stock". But it's true!

They just don't have the right ballance and such.

Hmm, sensical :- Hang on, that said 'mod' a minute ago. AAAAAAAAnyway...

Mods are fine for street, it's just that most mod riders don't ride 'street' on it, more just 'pure' trials on street. (To quote my BMXing brother who had a go on my T-Pro in 'street' mode; "Wow, I didn't think I'd ever get the hang of manualling this" shortly after he did. They spin well, most short mods are flicky as hell, they're easy enough to manual if you're not a trend-following tool, and they're just pretty nimble.)

Either way, if "emo" has taught us anything, it's that labels are totally shit and pointless.

Hmm, sensical (Y)  Hang on, that said 'mod' a minute ago.  AAAAAAAAnyway...

Yeah is gone 1am what do you expect. :-

Either way, if "emo" has taught us anything, it's that labels are totally shit and pointless.

I never said you couldn't do street on a mod, just if your going to do it you might aswell get a 24" or a stock. It'll be better at the end of the day.

Yeah is gone 1am what do you expect.  :-

I never said you couldn't do street on a mod, just if your going to do it you might aswell get a 24" or a stock. It'll be better at the end of the day.

I can do it on a mod. Why would I then want to get a different bike, if my current one is fine?!

Beucase you'll be able to do it better. When you get used to it.

:-

I don't really follow you? If anything, a smaller, nimbler bike would be more suited to street. Mods are, the last time I checked mine, small and nimble. I hate the feel of stocks, and I can just about deal with 24"ers, but I'm perfectly fine with 20" wheels.

Works for BMXers, works for me? Or should they go Gary Fisher style and get some 29" wheels on the go just 'cos they're bigger?

Either way, like I said - it's all about setup. A mod set up for street will still ride really nicely for street, just like mine does. I don't really get how it's limiting me at all if I can do the stuff I want to do on it when I want to, if you follow.