Bb/zona Zip Help

PaRtZ

OK thanks to Tartybikes I now have a zona zip frame (yay!)

So i started putting it altogether put my Gigapipe BB in, and at the time of posting, I am 3 turns away from screwing the right hand side in. Only problem is its Compleltly stiff and will not budge

Have I got the wrong sized bb? Im using the spacer on it (and its still 3 turns after the spacer)

Confused :unsure:. please helppp

nope there is an unthreaded section in the middle. The cups haven't gone into about 10mm of the innermost thread (on the right hand side) so there is still plenty of thread left for them

Edited by PaRtZ

Welcome to the wonderful world of bb's that don't fit into Onza frames. :unsure:

This is what you have to do:

filethis0dn.png

You have to file the section in between the red lines as this bit gets stuck and will not go past the unthredded bit. You have to take quite a bit off, but it only took me 10 mins when i did it. Take a bit off and keep trying it to see if it fits, and take it slow when you putting it in the frame.

It does work as i did it 2 days ago.

(N)

Edited by JT!

left side in half way, drive side in all the way then the left all the way. The left hand side guides the rh side in :unsure:

Agreed - that's the way to get an ordinary Truvativ ISIS BB into a T-Lite. You have to take both cups off first, sometimes. That's for BB shells like the T-Lite that have thread for the BB, then a "step" up to an unthreaded bit before stepping down to the thread on the other side. The sealed bearing unit can't get over that centre section while it's still in one of the cups.

I have to admit at this point I haven't looked into the BB shell of a Zip.

Agreed - that's the way to get an ordinary Truvativ ISIS BB into a T-Lite. You have to take both cups off first, sometimes. That's for BB shells like the T-Lite that have thread for the BB, then a "step" up to an unthreaded bit before stepping down to the thread on the other side. The sealed bearing unit can't get over that centre section while it's still in one of the cups.

That or just file it off, more fun and destructive. ;)

Unfortunatly I turned into caveman botch mode and used mole grips :"> Its in though :P wooo

Ill get some pics tommorrow when its lighter :D

:D