Side Hops

Mc Lovin

hop on the back wheel until you get the right balance,then anglee yourself in a bit but not to far,then crouch whilst still on the back wheel, this will give you the bounce needed to get up,after you have hopped, put your front wheel over it in mid air then you could either you your front wheel to bring your back, land both wheels, or go right up to back wheel.

hope this helps,

steve

i really hate sidehops but i know how to do them,

basically when you go to sidehop make sure your front wheel is on or over the obstacle then you can bring the rear end up by holding the front brake and endo ing up, well thats the way i do it but i cant get up high stuff i just go up to backwheel (much easier for me)

if you want to go up to straight to backwheel then depends how hight the wall is and how much room you have, the funniest way i get up stuff from straight on is wheeliehop just before the wall and static up to backwheel, you can get up quite hight like this

hope this helps

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bike-tria...hops_galore.wmv

That's just a set of clips of sidehopping. I'm not exactly good at sidehopping, but it sorta shows the technique I guess.

Anyway, start off trackstanding next to the object, and just get your shit together.

Kick up onto the back wheel. Focus on where you want to take off from.

Once you've found that point, focus on the wall where you're going. Keep doing little hops on the back wheel if you have to to keep your balance.

When you feel "Ready" (as you're hopping you'll just instinctively go "Right, let's go"), do a slightly larger back hop, whilst at the same time crouching down and back. Lower the front, and bring your front foot up, so you're preloading yourself. When you land the "larger" backhop, you'll have your weight down and back, with pressure on your leading pedal.

Spring up with your body, focussing on where you want your front wheel to go. Release the brake as you lift up, to give yourself some momentum and to keep you steady in the same place on the wall. You should end up lifting your body fairly high, and make sure you place your front wheel where you want it to go. Suck up the back end of the bike with your legs (like when you level out a bunnyhop), and crouch down to keep steady a little.

That should get you up there OK :D

If you're doing bigger stuff to front wheel, you may have to twist the bars more and suck the bike up more, crunching your legs up to the side of you. Just watch one of Neil Tunnicliffes video for that technique (Engageclothin videos and some ZOO! videos).