Bent Coust

random

Just gone to set my brakes up with my new pads that i made only to find she be bent.

Wheel is dished spot on, checked it 5 times, both in the stand and with dishing tool.

Tried Koxx Red, Koxx Browns, Coust's own pads, Heatsinks, STD Magura, Plazmatic CRM's

All had to have one slave in all the way and the other about 3/4 the way.

I'm runinng a Onza Ronnie undrilled just for ref and she's 38mm.

Anone eles found there Coust is bent??

Oh it's all out by 5mm exactly. Not a lot but enough to make brakes a pain in the ass.

Guess i could dish my wheel more by 5mm or an old bolt-on-axle and a bit of bending but for the sake of tweaking some nipples might be worth just doing that.

So yeah anyone got a bent coust??

Well i built the wheel. It was my 875th one exactly and 1st time i built a Ronnie and it was uber fun. 20 mins job done, did it a si watch GMTV with that Kate (big brested one) and then Loraine Kelly on LK Today. Tarty was well Jellous from his txt heheh.

Guess i could dish it more but 5mm is a fair wack...got a feeling the truning stand that i 1st used is bent, only a feleing.

Just speaking to Anal and he said:-

Anal - Dece. says:

I just dished the wheel to the frame didn't use a wheel stand or dishing tool

Oh my god, how good is my king says:

What you built the wheel within ?

Anal - Dece. says:

I don't know if its central I just built the wheel in the frame

Thus not impling 2 of x amount of Coust are bent but it means soemthing.

Guess i'll just dish it over by the 5mm

Mark as it has been detailed already it's been sold and you even brough it up in a recent topic and i told you exactly whats happend with it. Mk4 is in the works, the works being thinking of what to do as totaly new and rad desing. been looking at some Kidi bikes for inserperation

Edited by random

Well i built the wheel. It was my 875th one exactly and 1st time i built a Ronnie and it was uber fun. 20 mins job done, did it a si watch GMTV with that Kate (big brested one) and then Loraine Kelly on LK Today. Tarty was well Jellous from his txt heheh.

Guess i could dish it more but 5mm is a fair wack...got a feeling the truning stand that i 1st used is bent, only a feleing.

Just speaking to Anal and he said:-

Anal - Dece. says:

I just dished the wheel to the frame didn't use a wheel stand or dishing tool

Oh my god, how good is my king says:

What you built the wheel within ?

Anal - Dece. says:

I don't know if its central I just built the wheel in the frame

Thus not impling 2 of x amount of Coust are bent but it means soemthing.

Guess i'll just dish it over by the 5mm

Mark as it has been detailed already it's been sold and you even brough it up in a recent topic and i told you exactly whats happend with it. Mk4 is in the works, the works being thinking of what to do as totaly new and rad desing. been looking at some Kidi bikes for inserperation

I didn't know of any of your frames being sold, and to my knowledge haven't said anything about it.

Equally, Mr. Felton using his frame as a trueing stand doesn't mean anything at all. It just means he built the wheel in the frame, doesn't it.

Sorry Mark my mistake i could of swarn you had passed comment. I withdraw my stament about your self. Sorry mate.

In regards to Al it was just outlining that he built his in the frame so it's been dished to it. I shall dish mine tommorrow a si'm in the shop then as my spoke ket at home is toilet...

So I wouldn't say he was "jealous from his text"?

That quote's a bit skewed Mark...

I dont remember you telling me you built it in 20 mins Pete, thought it was a leisurely build in front of the TV with a cup of tea?

Either way, check the dishing properly, its unlikely you have a bent frame.

That bit was quoted from when I asked you if you'd texted him about his wheel build today? Thought it was the only pertinent bit, instead of quoting all:

Rhythm Otter says:

Did you text him at al?

Rhythm Otter says:

all*

Adam@TartyBikes.co.uk says:

no

haha

not texted him for days

last one was to thank him for letting me know his rim and spokes had arrived

If your trueing stand at work was bent, that still wouldn't affect the dish of the wheel, as the dishing tool would be seperate?

Nope it aint my work as that was aid in one other post that you did have involvement with as you well know.

The stand they have at the shop has a built in dish scale, very strange. Mike's testing it now to check to see if it's off.

Get some pics up of your custom frame Pete.

Can i have some pics of erm...your...

As i said to al lthat have bugged me for ages on msn and Tf etc i don't have any here. They be on my laptop where they stay for the time being till i am ready.

Maybe come Mk4 which is going to be my 1st aluminum one i might show you all as Mk4 i think will be final frame.

Back to topic in hand please.

Nope it aint my work as that was aid in one other post that you did have involvement with as you well know.

The stand they have at the shop has a built in dish scale, very strange. Mike's testing it now to check to see if it's off.

I didn't say it was "your work" or anything like that, so why are you getting arsey about that with me :huh:

Our stand in our shop (Park Tool one) has a "built in dish scale" (in that it has a little gauge each side of it to show the wheel is central in the stand, so therefore central to the trueing arms, if that's what you mean Pete?) too, however, I still don't really bother with that much, in that I prefer to just use our actual dishing tool.

If your trueing stand at work was bent, that still wouldn't affect the dish of the wheel, as the dishing tool would be seperate?

I'm only quoting what you said mate, so allow the ''dig''

Yeah there stand is soemthing like that, has loittle cod bit that are spring loded with rollers on to read the placement of the wheel.

They don't have a dishing tool at all as it's spot on all the time they say.

Just spoke to mike and he thinks it's out by 2/3mm the stand alone...he's toying with it some more just to be sure like.

Now i can't even find my spoke key at home

Not really. I said "your" instead of "The", which, compared to you blatantly lying about (amongst other things) Tart texting you, pales into insignificance.

Haven't even threatened you with legal action :huh:

Also, Pete, you're mortal too, unless you're about to tell an even bigger lie...

Wheel is dished spot on, checked it 5 times, both in the stand and with dishing tool.

Oh, and one other thing - if the stand was bent, but you used a dishing tool seperately, then it wouldn't matter if the stand was bent anyway?

If the last of your post there was in ref to the topic i created in contray to Charlies then if you check the law you'll know i have reason to list the company as one who has my address and number. Knowing both Dave and Adam have no reason what so ever to give out my personal info and it being ilegal very ilegal and the likely hood of it happning is like the wolrd ending it was requested by the law as i told you and all within the post i made Marky boy.

Now lets get off this run around lark as two of you have changed topics already and stick with the one in hand please.

Wheel has been dished as i now found my other spoke key in me car. It's over by a good 3mm if not 4mm and the mags and pads are just lining up but thread is shwoing on the spokes now...so frame is bent.

If the last of your post there was in ref to the topic i created in contray to Charlies then if you check the law you'll know i have reason to list the company as one who has my address and number. Knowing both Dave and Adam have no reason what so ever to give out my personal info and it being ilegal very ilegal and the likely hood of it happning is like the wolrd ending it was requested by the law as i told you and all within the post i made Marky boy.

Wasn't just refering to that thread, Pete. That wouldn't be the first (and it won't be the last) time you try and bluff people with talk of The Law, but let's not worry ourselves about it 'til the next time, eh Petey boy.

Fact it's still on going might mean soemthing mate.

Also yeah it's the first but when someone thinks they can make a personal threat like that to me or my shop when i had it then better think again. The uk law is going exactly the same way as the us law where everything and anyhtiong can be sorted, huge sums of cash to long term sentancing (sp).

I'm not one to mess with others only should they chose to mess with me, people i live with, people i employ, work with, family and friends

Again Mark leave it alone and back tot he subject