Freeridetrials Comp/jam

huge

if anyone hasn't heard about the proposed comp/jam read this thread http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=60688

dont be put off by the "comp" side of things, previous events-for example the january (?) jam round have had really good atmospheres.

these events need your support or i cant see the series lasting much longer. :P

theres still time to get an entry form and be part of something special

if we dont support our sport who will?

Hi

Thanks for showing support mate B) (my names matt im from the club)

It is important that we get lots of people going to this event, as it will allow future events to occur too. Ill give you a little info about the club now:

We *officially* formed sometime in May I think with the first indoor competition (in the UK). We had quite a few riders turn up to that which was ace. Tim stedman won that one, grats again mate :P The video is also available on eegoindidee (search for "frtibb")

This event was organised by Tom "spunkey_monkey_boy" johnstone whos in scouse land at the moment. As you said above, the word "comp" means nothing, its really just a set of rules you have to follow. You don't really turn up to these events with the ambition to win. Think of it as a big ride with riders from all areas of the UK and with varying abilities. I've learnt sooooo much since joining the club its really improved my riding. Even at our last demo I was encouraged greatly by sexymike on a practise gap (cheers dood :D )

The location for the indoor events is an old sports hall which used to be used by a local school. Its the size of 4 tennis courts with about 20ft head room? Theres a balcony for spectators too. We have limited storage for about 40 pallets, long oak beams, half oak beams, 3 cotton reels, the scariest spine I've ever seen, some small logs, plastic kickers and a CD player :P This is one of the problems we're facing at the moment. There is an outside storage too, but its not very safe/secure.

With everything there are problems and our main problem is money. We are solely funded by the following methods:

Competion entry fees

Annual membership

Donations

The latter comes from demo's we perform. Unfortunatly we have no way of transporting x amount of tonnes which our equpiment weighs :P this limits the amount of demo's we can do, and thus the money we get

As for future events, Im thinking about organising a speed trials competition but again with varying classes of difficulty. That is NOT set in stone so do not start saving/booking time off now :P If anything does happen, Plenty of notice will be given (Y)

Right I think thats it. If you have anymore questions about the club, im probably the most active member on the forum so send me a PM. For this competition however, the guy you need to contact is spunkey_monkey_boy Tom Johnstone

Thanks for your support again, and hope to see you lot in Wales :P

Matt

Right this topic needs bumping in NMC due to issues Tom's had

Sorry but it seems like people are just giving up at the first sign of hinderance. At the moment Im entering without a rear booster, twisted ankle and sprained wrist. Im going to have to ask my mate to give me a lift there as my parent's wont.

Money can be borrowed :- off friends family or banks (OK the latter is quite drastic for this but still (Y)" )

Please give 110% for this. If few people turn up then we're going to suffer and you're going to miss out.

Thanks (Y)