Braided Hoses

wardie

what ever you do dont get hope braided hoses they're crap :- my mate had it on this mono mini and is popped off 1 min into its first ride! Go for goodrige or maggura plus (sorry about this its a bit :P ) what fittings do you use to fit braided hoses, ive heard you have to use hayes ones is this true ?

what ever you do dont get hope braided hoses they're crap :- my mate had it on this mono mini and is popped off 1 min into its first ride! Go for goodrige or maggura plus (sorry about this its a bit :P ) what fittings do you use to fit braided hoses, ive heard you have to use hayes ones is this true ?

I very much doubt Hope would release a product that fails after 1 minute. I suspect it was fitted incorrectly and is a bad example to base an opinion on.

There is a topic in Trials Chat about the different braided hosing - use the search.

There's been plenty of topics in the past about the pro's/cons and I'm not about to write them all out for you.

As for expansion in the hoses - I think the difference is negligable on a trials bike. The pressures are much less than in a (generally servo/vacuum-assisted) car system.

Jon

the goodridge braided hose kit DOES NOT come with a corssover, however, you have loads of hose left to make one yourself.

i had to make one...if you want a pic let me know.

as for the hose itself:

the goodridge/unex/hope stuff (all made by the same company i thinks) has a smaller bore diameter, and with the full system (inc. crossover) can cause the pistons to return more slowly wehn bled with normal maggy fluid.

ive now bled mine with WD40, and its soo much better.

not sure about the maggy braided hose...im sure that comes with the crossover..not 100% though!

cheers

I suspect it was fitted incorrectly and is a bad example to base an opinion on.

fraid not... i was there in the bike shop when he did it (he works there) and it was fine for 1 lever pull then the lever just kept pulling back to the bars until it didnt brake anymore when you pulled the lever. To be honest it was probably a defect but i still dont trust it !!!

go for braided...

one thing i notice about maguras... when ever you fall off aquard, the magura hose gets split... and at £4-£6 a time, it wont be too long till you are upto the price of a braided set.

i have braided (hope) hose on my maggy and it feels more solid, better braking power and they dont ever brake..!

i think if your stem snapped, the most damage it could do to a braided line, is pull the hose out of the connector and brake the olive.... which is cheaper to repair than buying a new std maggy hose.

oh, and whinig over a couple of grams of weight... (Y)

Well i would not bother, sounds pickie but there heavy, and there nothing wrong with normall hoses, the last ages.

Hope this helped

Tom

(Y)

i agree with this guy, my mate has had his braided hosing for about a year now and his hosing popped off the calliper on the back and near the lever it has started to bend and looks abit f**ked but one of my other mates has had his normal maggie hosing for the same amount of time as my other mate and he hasnt had any problems yet so id say stick with normal hosing.