Punctures

stevecoust

yeah, check the tube for thorns on the inside, i have had this where i fixed a punctur 3 times and whenn i pumped it up it started to go down. also get a maxxis dh tube i have one on my 26" and it is better then most because it is thick but also it is wide so it dosn't stretch (avalible from Tarty Bikes)

hope it helps

Edited by Martin

i think martin ashton put it best when he said - "people think we run realy low air pressures in our tyres but we actualy run them quite hard, they are just seen in extreme conditions"

runing next to no pressure in your tyers is graet for grip and stability if you are smooth and light, however if you are 13 stone+ and like most of us still heavy on the bike the for heavens sake put some air in the tyers.

realy - i ride with alot of people we all run 30-40psi one runs 20-25 but he is 15 and one runs 50-60psi because he hates punctures - and he never gets them, plus he is a damn good rider and very smooth which just goes to show its personal preference.

trust (Y)

if your gettin pinches i have a revolutionary solution............................... when you next change or get a puncture fix it, clean the inside of the tyre and put some talkon powder inside!!!!(dont put sh** loads in though!!^_^) This will solve your pinch puncture probem - dont ask me how it works ..... i dont really know :)

some talkon powder inside

Or you could try TALCUM powder! It will probably help a bit with avoiding pinch punctures but won't stop them completely. The talc stops the tube from gripping to the tyre when the tyre is twisted, when this happens the tube can get stretched and will pinch easier. With the talc the tube will move against the inside of the tyre more easily. However, getting talc on your rims may make your brake work a bit poo.

x Dani x