Giro Saved Me !

trials man josh

i was practicing on my bike in my back yard last night i was hopping on my bench but been the arse i am i lent just a bit too far backwards and i landed head first backwards :) i got up with a headache and my helmet was absouloutley fooked it was cracked n snapped in about six places (Y) :)

Edited by trials man josh

Crikey. I never really wear a helmet, makes you wonder how the sallest of things can really screw you up bad ay. :) But finally, I'm off to buy a new Giro tommorow :) I've been close to hitting my head on sharp pointy things, but never quite done it.............first time for everything though I guess (Y) Go give your helmet a big hug :)

Jack :) :)

Lucky you, spose thats a message to evryone to were a helmet (Y)

About 2 months ago my mate tried to gap to this post thing and smashed is helmet on this big metal sign, if he wasnt wearing his helmet his head would of been mashed.

i kinda remember doing you a demo up at the quarry in oakworth about how good helmets were when we were jumping over that stack of rocks. hahaha.

Waynio...................

there is a lesson in this thread to the people who DONT wear helmets, if you dont then start DOING!!!!! better to look like an idiot as i am with a pink helmet than be DEAD!!!! just got my 2006 Xen Pink helmet in. woohoo.

anyone want to recomend a good helmet? (Y)

LAS helmets are soooo comfy, look a bit xc ish but wait til you try one on!!!

they also do piss pots which are real nice

lashelmets.co.uk

just got my 2006 Xen Pink helmet in. woohoo.

ooh ooh i wana see (looking on the web site though the pink one is the girls fit...)

:D

Edited by spunkey_monkey_boy

I’ve cracked my Giro as-well, Giro ‘Encinal’, Fell off and smacked my head on a curb, cracked the back, but it wont brake for along time, so I’m still using it (Y)

Giro E2 is a good helmet, abit pricey though, they go for about 60 pounds i think, they look really nice :D

Mat

anyone want to recomend a good helmet? ^_^

You wanted someone to recomed a good helmet i just gt a new helmet, its a giro xen. it a relly good helmet a looks pretty good. it only 60pound on evanscycles website. So have a look and see what you think. <_<

Really you was really lucky there then. I just bought a giro xen helmet today, weren't sure about getting one because of looking a fool, but with what you said it better looking a fool and not having your head smashed in. But the giro xen look pretty good so i get the best of both worlds <_< Also with wearing a helmet you have more confidence in trying stuff.

Really you was really lucky there then. I just bought a giro xen helmet today, weren't sure about getting one because of looking a fool, but with what you said it better looking a fool and not having your head smashed in. But the giro xen look pretty good so i get the best of both worlds Also with wearing a helmet you have more confidence in trying stuff.

thats what i like to hear!!!!<_<

the pink is not girls fit either tom, unless you are saying that it is and then you will have all the freeriders with pink bikes after you!!!!!! its actually quite a nice pink, had alot of comments about it today, it got delivered to the shop today and went out on bike tonight with it on, it sure does turn a few heads which is how it should be!!!!! people whose head it turns makes them want to know more about it or some just wanna laugh at me wearing a pink helmet :D ^_^ hahahaha.

all the more its still the best helmet on the market along with the Giro E2. dependant on what price your looking at bud on helmets would depend on which helmet you could look at, for example if you want the comfort of a £90 helmet for a little less you need to be paying £70.00 for a Giro Animas as it has the Roc Loc 4 design, if you want a better quality helmet at around £50 you need to be looking at possibly a Giro Havoc.

Waynio..........................

ye tom needed the old helmet on for that bail it could have got nasty :P lol!!!! would have been reyt there would have been no damage done to whats in my head as its full of saw dust :P

I bought a Giro Zen a couple of months ago, got the 2005 (current model then) for £73 due to staff discount at halfords. The best moeny ive ever spent on biking ^_^

Before that i was using a crappy halfords own thing for a year or so, and before that a £25 MET. The Met was ok but looked terrible (no peak, horrible colour), and the halfords one just didnt fit very well and actually fell apart (strap system camp away from helmet <_< ) so didnt like the idea of that. Decided to splash out, and it was worth it. Loads of people were asking me why i spent so much on a helmet, and because i ride everyday (commuting) and trials, as well as other disciplines, its soooo much nicer having helmet so snug and so comfy. Everyone whos tried it on as they didnt belive it would be an different to a 'normal' helmet has been amazed.

I value my head :P

Edited by nmt_oli

the pink is not girls fit either tom, unless you are saying that it is and then you will have all the freeriders with pink bikes after you!!!!!! its actually quite a nice pink, had alot of comments about it today, it got delivered to the shop today and went out on bike tonight with it on, it sure does turn a few heads which is how it should be!!!!! people whose head it turns makes them want to know more about it or some just wanna laugh at me wearing a pink helmet ^_^ <_< hahahaha.

na dude just go take a look on the giro web site, the only pink zen is the ladies one, its nice enough and if it were fellas fit i'd wear one but its a very pale girly pink. looking foward to seeing yours, so long as its not that horrid gay pink that slinger was wearing at the show...

i kinda remember doing you a demo up at the quarry in oakworth about how good helmets were when we were jumping over that stack of rocks. hahaha.

Waynio...................

there is a lesson in this thread to the people who DONT wear helmets, if you dont then start DOING!!!!! better to look like an idiot as i am with a pink helmet than be DEAD!!!! just got my 2006 Xen Pink helmet in. woohoo.

haha that wo funny at the quarry that day jumpig over rocks n did a headstand lol :P