Side Hop

scott13

Well, you go through the normal procedeure for a bunny hop but instead of hopping straight up you hop and throw your weight to the side which you want to hop and hey presto (well thats how I do it and it moves my Stinky about a few feet to the left or right so it works)

Edited by Dava

I like to start off on my back wheel.

As you start to pull your bars over the wall, ledge, obsticle you want to side hop onto or over whatever, pedal-kick and bring your back wheel with you.

Easier done then said! B)

Sort of like a pedal kick forward but your doing it sideways instead. (Y)

Hope this helps. :D

learn to side hop with both wheels first by just leaning your hips into the frame, shifting your weight to the same side and hopping. then just straighten everything up, once you can do this try doing it in a same way you bunnyhop i.e. lifting the front and then the rear, shifting your body to the side in the same way.

once youve got that sorted and you can do pedal hops on the rear wheel with some control, try combing the weight movment that you learnt berfore with a normal pedal hop, but instead of using you preload and pedal kick to move forwads use the motion to lift the bike up moving your weight to the side and tucking the bike underneath you.

i mean i've only really been riding trials properly for about 4 months, but learnt in this way and i can now hop about 2- 2 1/2 feet, which i dont think is too bad for a newbie!!

if this isnt right then sorry its how i learnt and it worked for me!!

cheers (Y)

to level out i generally move my weight forwards again, pushing the bars forwards and scooping the rear up furhter now its unweighted.

like i said before dont take this as gospel, as this is what ive sort of figured out how to ride by watching loads of videos and just practising

when your sidehopping, tuck your knees up (watch some trials videos and try copy them) this hopefully should solve your problem (Y)

This guy's got the right idea.

Find a video with someone sidehopping somewhere in it, then watch that part over and over, in slow motion etc.

Once you've figured out what they do, go try it.

You'll never get it the first time, but as everyone will tell you to do, Practise.

:D

for side hopping over gaps and stuff i generally throw my front wheel in the direction that i want to hop and then i throw my weight the same direction with the back end of my bike being last to levae the ground. i then land on my front wheel and sort of whip my back wheel across. wen ding it it looks a bit like snaking my bike across a gap if that makes any sense <_<

for side hopping over gaps and stuff i generally throw my front wheel in the direction that i want to hop and then i throw my weight the same direction with the back end of my bike being last to levae the ground. i then land on my front wheel and sort of whip my back wheel across. wen ding it it looks a bit like snaking my bike across a gap if that makes any sense <_<

i never seem to have enough time to whip my back end over, my front tire always lands before i have time? ^_^

i never seem to have enough time to whip my back end over, my front tire always lands before i have time? <_<

ive learnt this by watching other riders and copying them and i found i had the same problem to start with. all you need to do is pull up a little higher and harder and it should give you more time to whip the back end round ^_^

Edited by smelly joe

ive learnt this by watching other riders and copying them and i found i had the same problem to start with. all you need to do is pull up a little higher and harder and it should give you more time to whip the back end round <_<

cheers mate ill try that next time