Windows Xp Reinstall Help

Caleb

Im trying to reinstall xp but cant get anywhere, iv tried booting up from xp but it just goes onto my log on screen, and tried once when logged on and it says my current version is newer than the one im trying to install so have to do it via booting up .

I've made the bios' prority cd rom too, and when the cd is in it comes up with booting from cd but doesnt say preess any button to continu.

just ytakes me to the log on screen.

Sorry if it doesnt seem to add up but anyhelp if possible would be mint, cheers Lads <_<

Yeha ive trieddoing that but it just doesnt say press any key, it just says booting up then goes onto the log in screen <_<

i was going to try doing it from dos but my pc went funny a week ago and deleted loads of programs now i cant even find command promt on it! ^_^

"Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is newer than the version on the CD.

Warning: If you decide to delete the newer version of Windows that is currently installed on your computer, the files and settings cannot be recovered."

thats the message its showing when i try booting on when logged on .

Edited by Caleb

You could always download a windows XP cd.....

assuming you use your own key :( ..... which you can find out with some other dodgy bit of downloadable software . . .. . ..

EDIT : bitorrent has that sort of stuff available by the bucketload.

Edited by manuel

Yeah ive tried rohwan but i cant install anything onto my pc/burn disc so was tryiing to get someone else to do it for me for a bit of money . .

i just need a newish version and then my pc will once again be working properly (Y)