Pinch Gap (leaving Right From The Edge)

Dan-Walker

Dan, you pretty much do this anyway, you are gapping fairly far, just keep practising it.

Do pinch gaps work if you are leaving from a rounded edges wall?

Only if the radius is very small on the edge. This pinch gapping stuff is very similar to gapping from rails.

Joe

Try not just going forwards, but going in a slight upwards motion with your body, this will stop the rear wheen just shooting off the wall and going down.

Say you stand 20 meters away from a house, then you stick your arm out straight and point to the roof, then thats the angle which you want to be moving your body off the wall (Y)

I'm completely confused what a pinch gap is. I grew up with COMPLETELY different names for everything.

Anyone got a link to a video? Or a decent explanation? Are we basically talking about a gap hop from static?

its basically a static gap but instaed of using a little bit of roll when you gap, you take off right from the edge/corner of the object.

its quite a hard technique if find. when practising off kurbs i nearly always bounce off the road, so dont actually get that far.

also my gaps are very powerful and i am used to using quite a bit of roll before the edge to get lots of power.

dan, its basically just lots of practise until they work for you, and themn its even more practice ro get further!

Tom

when practising off kurbs i nearly always bounce off the road

Use my technique, and throw your body upwards slightly, if you have got your body movments and compressions timing perfect, you shouldnt be hitting the road (Y)

It just takes practise, it took me the whole of about 2 hours to learn to get to the edge then to preload, but i used to "hit the road" aswell, so i just kept practising and learning to hop up and over the road, it took around 5ish weeks to perfect :D

P.S its helped me gap from 7 foot static to 7.9" static (Y)

Use my technique, and throw your body upwards slightly, if you have got your body movments and compressions timing perfect, you shouldnt be hitting the road (Y)

It just takes practise, it took me the whole of about 2 hours to learn to get to the edge then to preload, but i used to "hit the road" aswell, so i just kept practising and learning to hop up and over the road, it took around 5ish weeks to perfect :P

P.S its helped me gap from 7 foot static to 7.9" static :D

cheers mate.

i could gap 7 ft 2in a wile a go, so may be able to get further now but hopefully if i learn pinch gaps it may get further (Y)