Why Is It Moving

emery

When ever I pull my brake( after setting it up trying to make it work) it still pushes out of the mounts and I know what it is its the black things which can come on and off by it has a slit init.

But I tried to glue it down and all but the brake still gets pushed out.

need help quik thanks toby :( :-

Mine did this, and i think there starting again. The problem was the black things(known as c clip washers) wernt set right. What you have to do is make sure theres none of the c clips exposed after you have tightened up the bolts and make sure the slit is either pointing up or down so it matches the 2 joins of the mounts.

(i know this is hard ill try and post a picture)

Edit- one crude paint diagram...

mag.jpg

Try getting some new c-clips, folded up creased ones are harder to work with.

Edited by wayneone

Yes you just might have the mounts the wrong way round.The mount with the slight flat spot should face down to the frame and the rounded one should face upwards.Just don`t tighten your bolts up too tight because when i did that with mine it bottemed out on the frame and snapped in the frame so I had to drill it out but that was with those rubbishy orange monty bolts :( .

Thanks

Deonn.

P.s do you use a booster.

If you take your mounts off your bike, you will see that on one of the mounts, there is 2 little bits sticking out, and on the other, there isnt.

abit like this:

mounts9lg.png

Just file them off a little bit (not totally off) then the clams will clamp on the brake better :P

It happened with me, so i done it and it hasnt happened again :)