De La Zoot!

!aNT!

There is info in hip hop of this months mbuk (issue 192) (page 173). For those who dont have it ill write it all out word for word

Product Preview;

Heres the latest addition to the Onza Range - a 24inch wheel specific complete bike known as the Zoot. 24 inch trials rigs are rare (only a handful of companies make them, most notably Ashton and Leeson) because at present you can only compete at national and international level on a 20 or 26 inch bike.

As a result, 24 inch bikes are the preserve of street trials riders. Most of the frames have BMX look and feel with a high top tube and a saddle, as opposed to the minimum standover hieght and lack of a saddle a saddle on the traditional, comp orientated trials bikes.

The Zoot is also designed for urban acton but has the techy feel of a competition trials bike instead of a BMX crosover rig. Some people like a comp bike feel even though they dont ride comps.

First impressions are that the Zoot frame is a re-scaled version of the T-Rex chassis-twin seat tube makes it look like a european comp machine. It features a relatively long (1050mm) wheelbase, 380mm chainstays and a +35mm BB.

Any owner of a 24 inch trials bike will tell you about the hardmanship of finding a quality lightwieght trials fork (even though i think its hard enough finding any decent 24inch fork...cept for the d-street 24in but tht thing is ugly--!aNT!) with the brake bosses in the right place. A special version of the fly guy fork will eradicate that problem. Its 400mm long and features both four bolt maguras front and back(back being on the frame obviously ) and a disc mount.

The bike wo;; be specced with magura hs-33 brake front and back, 24inch versions of onzas ronnie and reggie rims (to answer leedstrials question, its a yes!), Maxxis slow Reezay tyres and a special 24inch bar and stem set up. Theres also the option of a bolt on seatpost assembly to allow the use of a saddle.

The Zoot is expected to be availible well in time for christmas. The price is to be confirmed but should be around £400-£450 (about £150-£200 for the frame i guess) For more info go to www.supercycles.co.uk (even though i cant find a thing about it on there, help!!)

Hop that helps for all deprived of the essential MBUK mag!

I posted that a while ago, but anyone know any more information??

!aNT!

its a faggots colour. which is perfect, cause only a faggot would ride a 24'' that looked like a coust.

i might get one.

hehehe o dear...i like 24", i ride a 26" kona, which i cant do tht much good on...mayb cus the fronts heavy i dont know but it feels to big, i dont tend to ride 20" except my mates bmx, i rode the t-mag and t-pro, and just have such a problem with balance, so i see 24" as a good option, just for street, cus i dont wanna really do comps and stuff!

!aNT!

They never send us the bloody magazine. Thanks for typing it out.

I'm a bit surprised they think it'll cost that. It is, as they quite happily point out, spookily like a 24" version of the T-Rex. We have NO FINAL IDEA about the price but I have been telling people that ask that it will cost around the same price as the T-Rex spec 1, at £499. I think it might be slightly more than that as it has Fly Guys and one or two other small improvements, but we'll see.

For those of you that don't like purple, you're safe. It is going to be a very dark metallic blue (assuming they get the colour that I imagine it will be in my head). It will be some sort of metallic blue, so again I'll just have to wait and see.

in a topic a while ago some info was about some in by christmas! nothing to be sure, as for colours theres a dark grey! but there may be more...

!aNT!

Nope, no dark grey. Metallic blue. Yep, in by Christmas

nice also will there be a posibillity of getting one over to canada? also does that mean the forks still the same length as a stock just the mounts move down?

We can send stuff to Canada. The forks are 24" forks, not just 26" forks with differently placed mounts. You would not be able to fit a 26" into this. Check the image that was already posted, here

Edited by BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

I want one bad I love 24" so nice, will it be like a t-pro great for begginers and experts because I want it to be that good and also will you be making other better 24" stuff to upgrade to and HOPEFULLY other companies will start to make 24" stuff :P

toby

Nope, no dark grey. Metallic blue. Yep, in by Christmas

We can send stuff to Canada. The forks are 24" forks, not just 26" forks with differently placed mounts. You would not be able to fit a 26" into this. Check the image that was already posted, here

I mean since it says 400mm long 24"fork could i run my 400mm 26" echo fork on the zoot if I run a disk

Edited by trialswannabe

I mean since it says 400mm long 24"fork could i run my 400mm 26" echo fork on the zoot if I run a disk

If you really want to, but Fly Guys come with a disc mount and the original spec was with a disc front hub, so all you would need would be the brake. I don't know if that's still true. I'll check tomorrow.