What Are The Best Mod Tyres?

Ross Gardner

well, the try all's are pretty expensive but have good sidewalls and grip levels (same compound as creeeeeppy crawler). the crawler is very grippy and has nice tough sidewalls too(but not as tough as the try all's). one of those two really but just remeber with the try all you get raped with the price :-

In my opinion try all tyres are the best yet. creepy crawlers lose there grip after a month and the new montys are to wide to fit on most bikes (rims) and i feel would dampen your spring not help it

try alls may cost more but are worth every penny (mine have lasted 3 1/2 months) and are uber grippy. 50 quid a pair is not to bad surly the new montys will cost that

Gav

:-

go for the creepy crawlers,they are soft and grippy, but lose tread quiet quickly from what everyone is saying,but i hope mine dont go down too quickly.

personally i'd try the creepy cralers befor moving onto the try-alls because if you spend little money first and see if you like them then you can get some more after, rathert than keep getting expensive ones.

so basically, go for the creepy crawlers first (Y)

steve.

I think 2.5" are big enough, 2.7" will be quite weighty aswell.

Plus the fatter the tyre dosn't always mean the better.

I'v run CreepyC's and Sticky fingers, CreepyC's win hands down.

The Koxx sticky tyres are sticky and very grippy, excelent for natural (heard there good for street aswell though), they wear down realy quick on street though, they also have a tread that releases all the mud for extra grip in wet conditions.

The Maxxis creepy crawlers are aslo very grippy and good for natural and street, i've been running mine for a few weeks now and have worn down little but are cheaper from places (Y) compared to the koxx

i have run both sets of tyre but honestly can not decide on what are best, i recon either one of these will be awsome :)

Slippy fingers are ker-rap. we were all practicing front hooks and my sticky fingers couldn't even stay in the hook position: I just slid back down again

to be honest Id get the try-alls, they're soo grippy. Ive got a front at the mo and it sticks to the floor even when i pick the front wheel up, tis ace (Y)

I am running try all's

They are very grippy and ride awsome

aboud the wear, I have mine fitted for like 4 months and they are still grippy

if the wear goes on like this I'll have to buy new ones in 2-3 months I think

so I'd say go for the try all's the price is may be higher than maxxis creepys but they are worth it

hope this helped

-san

The Koxx sticky tyres are sticky and very grippy, excelent for natural (heard there good for street aswell though), they wear down realy quick on street though, they also have a tread that releases all the mud for extra grip in wet conditions.

The Maxxis creepy crawlers are aslo very grippy and good for natural and street, i've been running mine for a few weeks now and have worn down little but are cheaper from places >_< compared to the koxx

i have run both sets of tyre but honestly can not decide on what are best, i recon either one of these will be awsome :blink:

as martin said, i think if he cant decide i reckon most people would go for the cheaper option if they were just as good.

steve.