Star Wars Galaxies

MrMonkey

In a galaxy somewhere, someplace, sometime.

Basically Star Wars Galaxies is an MMORPG based on Star Wars for all of those whon don't know. But after making a grand f**k up of the last big update, they've done it again, but f**king made a monster of it. They've turned it into a sort of MMO FPS/RPG, I cannot believe how good it is. Instead of having massive amounts of professions they've took it down to 9, the main being things like, Jedi, Smuggler, Officer, Commando, Bounty Hunter, each based on a Star Wars Icon, for example Bounty Hunter is based on Boba Fett. They've speeded up the game play as well so you ain't standing around watching your character do everything, now you click to attack. I can honestly say if you played a long time ago pay for a month to try this out, official release in 9 days, (15th) but it's on the test servers now. All of the test servers are full constantly it's that good.

(Y)

Are you one of the Beta testers?

I've been playing this for the past few weeks and have been really enjoying it as it is. I have been slowly working up my chosen professions. Does this mean I will have to start again or will i get some sort of respec?

I'm looking forward to the changes but at the same time I'm quite worried.

Well basically you know they are chonging it down to 9 professions, so say for example now you are CL 15, if you choose one of the 7 combat professions you would be CL15 in it but at the very bottom.

And anyone can be a beta tester :$ But I have played it and to be honest the improvements vastly overwhelm some things, bar the lack of professions now, but the fights are much more intense in comparison of walking off and coming back to see you are still fighting. (Y)

You will get the 10 choice respec to try all of the 9 professions and then pick a final one. :D

I played with a friend and there was nothing more glorious than running around with him ripping the piss out of people roleplaying stormtroopers. I took so many screenshots I ran out of space on my hard drive.

Come to think of it, I'm almost as sad as the roleplayers are... >_<

Come to think of it, I'm almost as sad as the roleplayers are... >_<

To make a mockery of anyone's chosen lifestyle instantaniously makes you sadder than them. Because you cannot make your own decision on what to do, so you just try to belittle others who enjoy doing something different.

To make a mockery of anyone's chosen lifestyle instantaniously makes you sadder than them. Because you cannot make your own decision on what to do, so you just try to belittle others who enjoy doing something different.

I commend you on your worthwhile use of the internet

Edit: Haha, I just realised; are you pissed off because you're a roleplaying StormTrooper? Busted! TK-429, why aren't you at your post

Edited by NeillyB

I commend you on your worthwhile use of the internet

Edit: Haha, I just realised; are you pissed off because you're a roleplaying StormTrooper? Busted! TK-429, why aren't you at your post

No, I find it equally as strange that they chose to play a role. But if that's what they enjoy let them do, you bike riding weirdo....

NeillyB what's worse, someone role playing a storm trooper or someone paying a subscription fee on a game just to take the mick out of people?

I'm not a Star Wars fan but I do enjoy this game. I am quite capable of making my own decisions and don't need you to tell me what's good and what's crap.

NeillyB what's worse, someone role playing a storm trooper or someone paying a subscription fee on a game just to take the mick out of people?

I'm not a Star Wars fan but I do enjoy this game. I am quite capable of making my own decisions and don't need you to tell me what's good and what's crap.

I'm not telling you to stop playing it. I said myself I'm sad. I played World of Warcraft, quit because it's boring. I played EVE Online, quit because it's boring. Same goes with City of Heroes. I know what I'm talking about. The only staying factor was playing alongside mates I know in real life... I had a great time. Anyway, I provided fuel for these RPers fire (Y)

I remember one, some StormTrooper was 'patrolling an area'. I walked up to him and started to talk about knitting. He kept on saying "Move along, citizen." He was dedicated, I'll give him that.

What server are you on? I used to play on EU-Chiamera. (Spelled correctly though...)

I played Chim+the rest of the word.

Then I played an American server, with some people from a half UK half US clan, my christ, if you thought the RPers were sad these guys were horrendous. They all had an ingame name, but they had a guild name aswell, then a real name, got confusing at times (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really not liking the New Enhancements. It seems that they are trying to get the game ready to be released on a console.

Maybe I should just give it a chance and try it out for a while before making any harsh decisions, like canceling my account.