Hope Single Speed Hub

zoo p

Seen it, tried it, broke it. That was Mk1 think there something sill like Mk8 out now thats got the Hope Pro II trials system in use, a coil spring. It's the same spring system as what GT used on there top of the range hub, not Gt/Hadly. The spring is coiled aorund the Drive shell and paws and helds in really nicely and are a lot wider and thicker.

It'll be out soon enough

I cant say i have ever seen that before either. A local guy used to have a Hope single speed hub it involved an old screw on style free wheel not a cassette mechanism. If they bring the hub into full production it will be good for the scene as its single speed it will allow a stronger wheel because of the zero dish flanges and cassette.

Seen it, tried it, broke it. That was Mk1 think there something sill like Mk8 out now thats got the Hope Pro II trials system in use, a coil spring. It's the same spring system as what GT used on there top of the range hub, not Gt/Hadly. The spring is coiled aorund the Drive shell and paws and helds in really nicely and are a lot wider and thicker.

It'll be out soon enough

i didnt know you had used this hub pete, as far as i know and am still awear there are only 3 trials riders in the country using this pro 2 hub, there names being me akak ashley smith, rik duckworth, and joe shepheard, and i have seen the list of other none trials riders who have this hub, and sorry mate but your name is not on this list........................

you may have had a go with the old style spring that you mentioned but cartainly not on the new leaf spring design, there are only a few in existance to date.............. however they are due out early december, that was quoted from hope this week.

the single speed hub shown is prelimainary the same as a pro 2 trials, but with a smaller barrel, all internals are the same as the standard barrel pro 2 but with a wider shell to give a dishless rear wheel, i have recently been in talks with hope about this new single speed hub, it turns out that you can get six of hopes new cogs, side by side each other on the single speed body, which is good fro trials as it conforms to british championship rules............... however that is still an idea, i receive my single speed version pro 2 next week when the barrles are finished being machined, theres only two of the hubs shown in existance so far, one of which is on a test bike for orange i believe and the other is on one of the hope bosses bikes, (simon sharpes)

however back to the post, the pro 2 (24 eps) and pro 2 trials (48 eps )hubs are defiantley out in december

the single speed version will be early next year with some other exciting new products from hope

any question please post in this topic

cheers ash

ps pete where did you get mk 8 from there was only 5 different models made over 1 1/2 years?

Do you know if there will be a single speed disc specific front hub?

Or will it be part of the pro2 series of hubs and the pro2 front hub will make up the pair of hubs?

Because I think its always nice to have a pair of hubs! :turned:

pro2 front hub is in the pipeline i believe, no idea on the stage of development but trialnoir has/had one and ive seen a few other test ones. but single speed specific front hub?? not sure what u mean but single speed only applies to your gears and hence only rear hub.

very very light hub, send questions ash's (trialsnoir) way, he'll help.

Edited by matthewholdsworth