Crapgura!

ogre

I done the EXACT same thing as you! lol

With the same brake aswell :D

(this was after only having the bike for 3 mins aswell ^_^ lol

Right, what i done was...

I found a old magura bolt (the ones with the square head [M5 thread]) and just screwed that it, its worked ALOT better than first bolt has! lol its slightly longer aswell, so you have more thread in it. dont be scared to have to force the bolt in the hole though, its just re-cutting a new thread, making the bolt work :P

Calm down, you have only stripped a bolt, we have all done it. Chances are you have over tightened it, they are meant to be able to twist on the bars so if you fall it wont snap on twisle round the bar. Get any Longer bolt with the same thread and put that in with some threadlock/threadtape.

Kieron

i may aswell add my question to this topic as it is quite the same thing i think erm

i have 4-bolt brake mounts but my magura bolts are too small at the bottom so can i just buy new bigger bolts for it then screw them in to the bolt mounts or do i need a booster or what?

this might be what you guys where going on about i just didnt understand thats all

I've not even had my bike a week, and i just moved the bars forward a bit and moved the levers round, and the front brake lever has gone f**king threadbare! you think maggura will replace it?

you must have over tightned them beacuse ive had my maguras for nearly a year and never had any problems with them..

I threaded my front bolt brake, what I done was got a screw that fitted through the hole so the mounts couldn't move past eachother then black tape it down,

. This won't be permanant but it works really well but looks naf with some tape around my forks.

toby

My front maggie went thread bare half way through the bolt that the lever loosens at the bar and it just kept terning around and didnt' catch on lever so didn't tighten up, so i took it down to my mates house and he gave me a longer bolt which I think was from the old maggies, That was only lastnite as well. :turned: Cheers charles :P .