6 X 9 Positions

zoojames

Righto kids, I've had my car for a while, got me a nice lil 6 cd changer and a relatively ok head unit (as in free) and now want to make it just that bit louder with some new speakers. Now I dont have a bike rack and I like boot space (I'm an art student) and so fold the back seats down and take the parcel shelf out to fit 2 bikes and gear in.

So I'm wondering, where can I find space to fit some 6 x 9 speakers in my Mk3 Fiesta? Any ideas would be nice! I'm currently just running two 10cm speakers in my door (with the bass up my wingmirrors still shake though...)

Ta very much

James :P

The parcel shelf is the common place to mount 6*9's but if you never have the parcel shelf in the car you could always box up some 6*9's and have them on on the floor in the boot facing up and towards the front on the car?

If you have the 6*9's mounted on a parcel shelf but the back seats are down they wont have the enclosed space provided by the boot. Also if you mount the 6*9's covered up you will loose a lot of the high stuff from the 6*9's (eg you box the speakers up but have them hidden in the boot with the parcel shelf covering them).

If I was in your posistion I would personally just upgrade the front speakers to something nicer, when you go to a gig do you stand with the band behind you? :P