Cinema

Rich J

sorry that this is really off topic! any way our local cinema was closed recently because basicly the people who were running it were doing a crap job. I was selected to be on the save the cinema commitie(sp?) and we need to raise £11000 before some one buys it before us and turns it in to flats. so i was wondering if anyone had ideas of how to get some cash from fundraising if you do could you post them on here thanks. rich

Edited by dickj

To be honest guys anything trials related is not the right way to look at this situation... It's simply not mainstream enough.

Organise a big fete style event, get the local paper/radio involed for free publicity and have events such as...

Carwash, get loads of people to charge a pound for their car to be washed.

Stalls, the usual like coconut shys and stuff.

Food and Drink, everyone will buy things like that.

Get stuff donated to sell on stalls.

Allow people/companies to put up their own stalls for a small charge (£10?) plus 10% of their takings.

Finally, write a nice letter to all the local companies big and small and ask for sponsorship of the cinema project and give them a nice package such as billboard advertsiing at the cinema etc.

Think outside the trials-forum box :'(

i suppose trials isn't mainstream enough however if you held the above and included trials that could prove to be a winner

hold a trials demo and ask for donations

do some house to house collecting

offer to do more advertising in the cinema

these things should help you to acheve your target and keep the cinema open